Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Willmott

el_goodo_cufc

Mar 9, 2010
Ahoy there. Cambridge United fan here. Today's NLP has you linked with our winger who various scouts have been sniffing around this season. 20 years old, very speedy & able to make things happen. Unplayable in this league when he's on form, though he still lacks some consistency (which you'd expect from a youngster to be fair) & his decision-making & crossing is suspect at times.

He's our top scorer this season with 8 from right wing and also has 11 assists to his name. Contract is up in the summer (though I'd hope the board are at least looking at offering him an extension) though we'd be due a decent fee if it went to tribunal, as he's come through all steps of the youth system.

From what I've seen of you this season, he'd fit in with Gus' style of play and plans in the long term, though whether he'd be quite ready for Championship football yet I'm not sure. He could hold his own at L1 I'd think, real thorn in Crimsby's side in our FA Cup matches earlier this season. I'd presume you'd all be a little bit reticent after Holroyd too...

So anyway, seem likely to you? You in need of a young winger, or would it just be Gus looking to the future?

el_goodo_cufc

Mar 9, 2010
Heh, we'd certainly take Holroyd back. Robbie's the heartbeat of our team at the moment though & would be a huge miss. Everything's going through him but I've no doubt our fans will turn on him again when he hits a sticky patch. He gets a lot of stick from a large section of our supporters for some bizzare reason.

Skip to 1:44

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Certainly a cracking shot against mansfield

el_goodo_cufc

Mar 9, 2010
This Cambridge fan sounds more like an agent!

Heh, not at all. I'd far sooner keep him, can't see him getting into your team at present & almost certainly not if you got promoted. Could be one for the future but one thing he doesn't need right now is to sit on the bench.

I'd prefer it if he went to you rather than Stevenage though, who're one of the other teams linked with him.

el_goodo_cufc

Mar 9, 2010
Oh crikey that's a can of worms. Rotten to the core & glad he's nowhere near our club anymore. Why?

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Oh crikey that's a can of worms. Rotten to the core & glad he's nowhere near our club anymore. Why?

Really, i know lee very well. I worked for him for two yrs and would not have a bad word to say about him, but i do know he like a few quid and he is a very ruthless business man!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Shame with these kind of players, we don't sign them and loan them back to their old club for a few months? Or not a good idea because we'd want them in the development squad learning the system etc?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Certainly a cracking shot against mansfield

and was definitely looking all he had the ball to put it in their goal nice strike and looks useful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here