Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Williams- hahahahahahahaha

edna krabappel said:
It's just him, or more accurately the persona he's created for himself that grates. As a rule, i find anybody who calls themself "crazy" or "wacky" worth giving a very wide berth too (they're usually wearing comedy ties), and he definitely fits into that bracket. He seems to think he's hilarious, or in some way cheeky or endearing, with his Carry On style innuendoes and hints about his sexuality.

I agree. Every now and then, this persona slips and he actually reveals himself to be a bright guy with interesting tastes and views. But the twattish persona is what made him his success and he is now chained to it for ever more, blame the fans who lapped it up.

bigc said:
Gary Barlow shoulda made it big instead:lolol:

Well, he was f***ing enormous when I saw him at that Take That concert a couple of months back.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'll admit to being no serious Robster fan, but the stuff Edna trots out is just tabloid crap. The guy's got a lot of demons and isn't the complete arsehole he's made out to be by many.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Robbie Williams:

colin_640.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's done a few reasonable tunes but the main reason it has done badly is that

IT IS COMPLETE AND UTTER FECKING SHITE :angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fashionable to slag him I suppose. Alright, his music isn't to everyones taste and its never going to go down as "all time classic" stuff. But I don't think he has any pretensions about what it is he does.

He's a multi-millionaire, but not a particularly happy one. That obviously doesn't sit easy with a lot of people who think that having a bank balance you could never actually spend in a lifetime is the be-all and end-all to lifes problems, and automatially takes away your right to be insecure or unhappy about anything. But the guy is just putting himself out there and doing what he knows he does best - entertaining. I don't see why that should necessarily expose him to the knee-jerk "Robbie Williams is a ****" brigade, but there ya go.

Have a read of the book about him, "Feel", where a reporter spends a year or so practically living with him. Sure he's an annoying prick at times, he's not perfect. Who is ? But he actually comes across as a down-to-earth, grounded fella who, when he's on camera, has to live up to an 'extrovert' character to hide his own insecurities. He believes he's utter crap as well half the time, but uses humour to ride with it and cover it up. He's beaten drug addiction, alcohol addiction, and carved out a successful career for himself.

He's alright by me.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy 10 said:
He's beaten drug addiction, alcohol addiction, and carved out a successful career for himself.

He's alright by me.

and I believe that he has put his money where his mouth is and is major shareholder of his football team Port Vale.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
edna krabappel said:
I heard that Robbie Williams' new single Rudebox has only shifted about 7000 copies this week, which (I am told) is pretty poor, even by today's standards.

Praise the lord, is the world finally cottoning on to just what an annoying twat this man is? I can't be the only person who finds Williams' self-declared wackiness and overall arrogance incredibly irritating?

Please God, let this be the start of a long and painful decline in his record sales, and, by logical development, his career, thus sparing the rest of us his endless whining to the press about his tortured existence (er, rich beyond your wildest dreams, anyone?), or alternatively his loathsome gurning to the cameras when he decides to show the world what a kray-zee guy he really is. I don't even want to think about his so-called "rapping" skills, which would make even Vanilla Ice feel embarrassed for him.

Bring on the slippery slope to obscurity: OI! Williams! No!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ditto

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Fashionable to slag him I suppose. Alright, his music isn't to everyones taste and its never going to go down as "all time classic" stuff. But I don't think he has any pretensions about what it is he does.

He's a multi-millionaire, but not a particularly happy one. That obviously doesn't sit easy with a lot of people who think that having a bank balance you could never actually spend in a lifetime is the be-all and end-all to lifes problems, and automatially takes away your right to be insecure or unhappy about anything. But the guy is just putting himself out there and doing what he knows he does best - entertaining. I don't see why that should necessarily expose him to the knee-jerk "Robbie Williams is a ****" brigade, but there ya go.

Have a read of the book about him, "Feel", where a reporter spends a year or so practically living with him. Sure he's an annoying prick at times, he's not perfect. Who is ? But he actually comes across as a down-to-earth, grounded fella who, when he's on camera, has to live up to an 'extrovert' character to hide his own insecurities. He believes he's utter crap as well half the time, but uses humour to ride with it and cover it up. He's beaten drug addiction, alcohol addiction, and carved out a successful career for himself.

He's alright by me.

:clap:

Top post Easy. I've read 'Feel' and another book on him and came away with the same view of him.

Most people who jump on the "Williams is a ****" bandwagon have no real insight into the bloke and do it like lemmings because 'it's the thing to do'

If Edna wants to have a go at the whole Jonathan Wilkes thing then have a go at Wilkes' other cosy mates Ant and Dec.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
He's probably already been paid tens of millions of pounds for his next 10 albums regardless of how they sell anyway so it won't much matter to him.

D

Deleted member 2719

Cheeky Monkey said:
:clap:

Top post Easy. I've read 'Feel' and another book on him and came away with the same view of him.

Most people who jump on the "Williams is a ****" bandwagon have no real insight into the bloke and do it like lemmings because 'it's the thing to do'

If Edna wants to have a go at the whole Jonathan Wilkes thing then have a go at Wilkes' other cosy mates Ant and Dec.

It's time he stopped being a C**t in public and behaved more like the Mc cartneys, Will youngs and lemar's of this world, talented but keep there feet firmly on the ground he was even poncing about in the celebritity footie thing he is the biggest drama queen this country has seen for many years and will probably end up like Elvis.

It's time he grew up and got some help if his F*cked up, it's not that he can't afford the best help.

To think some people have ago a Leon Knight on here this Twat is in a different league and has been for years this is not a new thing, i can understand teenage girls being sucked in by his actions but full grown women and men.

If he can't handle the heat he should get out of the kitchen and go and live with Barrymore he came out of a similar mould!!

Prediction.

Robbie to be in a Celebrity BB soon just so as he can stay in the limelight those few days longer.

:ohmy: :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here