Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Williams back in Take That?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Can't believe I didn't see anything about this. :shrug:

Despite a rumoured falling out with his former bandmates, singer Robbie Williams says he's ready to rejoin British pop group Take That.

In an interview with the Daily Mirror, the 35-year-old singer says a reunion with his former mates could be forthcoming.

"I'm in regular contact with them, and it's looking more likely by the week. The lads all seem up for it. I think it would be fun," he said.

Recruited by music manager Nigel Martin-Smith in Manchester in 1990, the chart-topping British boy band's original roster featured singer-songwriter Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Jason Orange, Mark Owen and Williams.

Known for their dance-pop tunes and romantic ballads, including the blockbuster track Back for Good, Take That dominated the British music scene in the first half of the 1990s. They sold about 19 million records before Williams decided to leave the group for a solo career in mid-1995. The remaining four subsequently broke up in early 1996.

However, after releasing a Take That hits compilation album in 2005 to relative success, Barlow, Donald, Orange, and Owen staged a proper comeback a year later — sans Williams. They delivered a well-received tour and a new album, Beautiful World, which spawned hits singles like Shine and Patience and won a number of awards. In 2008, the reunited quartet released another new album, The Circus, and are set to tour the U.K. once again this summer.

After Take That originally disbanded, Williams became the most successful with his solo career. However, he has since struggled with his most recent album, Rudebox.

"Let's see what happens, but my head's in the right place," Williams told the Mirror of the possible reunion. "The timing could be right if Gary calls. I think it would be fun. It would be good."

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Williams Needs Take That far more than Take That need Williams.

I note it's all Williams doing the "Im going back", not heard alot from the actual band have we? :shootself

Just face It Robbie, your finished!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Williams Needs Take That far more than Take That need Williams.

I note it's all Williams doing the "Im going back", not heard alot from the actual band have we? :shootself

Just face It Robbie, your finished!

I know this may sound "teen girly" - but I really don't think he is - especially with his concerts. I think if he could be bothered to do another solo stadium tour he'd sell out pretty quickly. He needs to get back with his original team of producers / writers - who would make him forget about his shambles of a last album and get him back to his best, because he is a really good artist, but has a touch of the Gazza-self-destruct about him.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I know this may sound "teen girly" - but I really don't think he is - especially with his concerts. I think if he could be bothered to do another solo stadium tour he'd sell out pretty quickly. He needs to get back with his original team of producers / writers - who would make him forget about his shambles of a last album and get him back to his best, because he is a really good artist, but has a touch of the Gazza-self-destruct about him.

Didn't he have a major falling out with Guy Chambers? To be honest Robbie has been going down hill since "sing when your winning". A good artist!!!? I would say he is a good entertainer.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If I was Gary Barlow, I'd be politely telling him to go screw himself. Can't help thinking that wasn't interested from the off, so it does kind of look like he just wants to jump on board now that it's a definite success. Oh, and the fact that his own music has gone to complete shite since Guy Chambers stopped writing for him.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
If I was Gary Barlow, I'd be politely telling him to go screw himself. Can't help thinking that wasn't interested from the off, so it does kind of look like he just wants to jump on board now that it's a definite success. Oh, and the fact that his own music has gone to complete shite since Guy Chambers stopped writing for him.

I think so too. Think Robbie would just use them to relauch his career

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny how his interest in a reunion has only reignited since his last album flopped (relatively speaking) and it's become increasingly obvious that Guy Chambers was the power behind their songwriting "partnership".

If he was still a superstar, he'd tell them where to go, but he's realised they're far more popular than he is now, and wants a piece of it.

Attention seeking twat. Love to see TT tell him where to stick his reunion, but I'm sure they'll all go along with it, for the publicity.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm sure they'll all go along with it, for the publicity.

I disagree with that bit, as I think they will go along with it because the 4 of them come across as genuinely nice blokes, who realise that Robbie desperate craves success, needs it to the point where he is marginally less likely to self-destruct with it than without it.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I disagree with that bit, as I think they will go along with it because the 4 of them come across as genuinely nice blokes, who realise that Robbie desperate craves success, needs it to the point where he is marginally less likely to self-destruct with it than without it.

Did Robbie care about them when he was on the up. I think not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here