Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I never dreamed we would sign him! Brilliant!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Without getting into the whole Adams v Wilkins arguement.. This is why it's brilliant to have Adams as manager, we would never have attracted this type of player had Wilkins been in charge.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I lost count how many times I have said.." Christ I hate him", but often thought I would have loved to have him in my squad :laugh:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Without getting into the whole Adams v Wilkins arguement.. This is why it's brilliant to have Adams as manager, we would never have attracted this type of player had Wilkins been in charge.

Wilkins attracted some very good players here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As big a name as Robbie Savage?

Firstly, using Savage as a yardstick is only relevant if you can name a player of his calibre that was available at the time of Wilkins' tenure and whether the board were willing to cough up for the loan. A sceptic would suggest that they are getting a little concerned by the poor(ish) form shown at home, certainly since we should be looking to improve on our previous finish (7th).

Secondly, I am 100% certain that he is not joining Brighton to work with Micky Adams. Derby are looking to ship him out and we have presumably offered a greater contribution to his wage package than various contenders.

Even if Adams were to attract Savage from previous contacts, it is not really fair to stick beat Wilkins when that was his first job in management.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As big a name as Robbie Savage?

Maybe he did'nt want a Robbie Savage? Then again maybe he did but the board would'nt put the money up? Who knows but then again who knows who Wilkins could've attracted given the money and the time?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
As one of those cynics who dismissed this story as a publicity stunt when it was first reported, I am happily eating my words for tea tonight, followed by a large portion of humble pie...

Well done, Micky.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes but we've only signed Savage for a month. If he's shite we can send him back. Whereas olde Unfitson was a millstone round our neck for a season (if I remember right)

Very true.

Big names only do it for me when they perform in the stripes.

I am not excited about Savage as he is only a short term fix - i feel we should have an adequate squad to get results as proven against Man City - But that's down to Mickey to get it from them in the League.

It really is interesting to see how much Dick is prepared to find this year to keep his nose clean.

On a positive Savage may bring some atmosphere and a few hundred more on the gate.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
ROTFLMFAO!

Thanks very much for bouncing this thread! Let's hope he proves me massively wrong!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
2501_robbie_savage_59089a.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here