Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage on Five Live

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yeah, I know it's already been mentioned in the other thread, but Robbie Savage was quality entertainment on Five Live during the New Zealand v Italy match.

Even acknowledging and apologising for the fact he is supposed to stay neutral, he was doing his nut over that NZ performance and result, accusing the Italians of cheating, losing his voice, squwarking - the works.

He even believes he is the best summariser ever... :lolol:

Great fun!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
100% agree. Had it on the radio with the tv on mute, far better than the ITV dross they come out with, even if the five live commentary was slightly ahead of my picture.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Heard him commentating the other day...he was absolute quality...think Robbie might have found a career for after he stops playing football, could certainly liven up 5Live!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have hardly heard or watched any of the World Cup. I really can't get very excited about the likes of Ashley Cole and that tw4t Rooney.

I did hear twenty minutes of Robbie Savage this afternoon and he was brilliant entertainment. I like his comments on the bloke who has cheated to get a penalty, because he said that's what he used to do and understands why everyone hates him.

Can anyone explain though why there are so many Irish, Welsh and Jocks commentating and providing expertise on England?

On 606 now its a Northern Irish presenter and Pat Nevin (Jock)
MOTD has Lawro (Irish) Hansen (Jock) McCarthy (Irish)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Heard him commentating the other day...he was absolute quality...think Robbie might have found a career for after he stops playing football, could certainly liven up 5Live!

He is a total Cock, I heard him on 5live slagging off Englands chances of progressing even before we played our first game....more recently he has said he " would love to see England do well " lying sheep shagger !

As for when he "stops playing football "...... I'm not sure he ever started playing football ? his whole game is about breaking play up and trying to kick the opposition out of their rythm... he'd be completely f****d if he was passed a ball.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd much rather Savage than the usual sterile crap we're served up. Stuart Hall is popular because he's different, Savage is the same. You can keep the rest, ESPECIALLY Adrian Durham and Alan bloody Green.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Have heard Savage a couple of times on the radio previously and wasn't overly impressed but I did hear him this afternoon and have to say it was top quality stuff :)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Robbie Savage is f***ing ACE.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Does anyone else remember his interview when he signed on loan for us? Before that i used to think he was an utter cock, but i've actually grown to quite like him, seemed like a really genuine bloke.
Shame he wasnt all that on the pitch.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Savage seems like a really decent bloke. Very self deprecating and humourous. He is an all round good bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here