Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rob Green

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Not really Rob Green, but the commentary didn’t match what I was watching tonight. It seemed very much West Ham centric when we were playing good football. I thought we were well worth the draw, it was a fair result.

Well it was Upson as co-commentator. He was following a lead of Brighton being blunt up front. Green was an analyst in the build-up, half time and at the end. He’s a breath of fresh air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Apart from spending an inordinate amount of time focussing on our defensive frailties at corners*, thought the coverage was excellent. Totally agree ref Rob Green.

*admittedly we did look frail!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Overall I thought Amazon Prime were pretty slick, the equal of Sky Sports.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not really Rob Green, but the commentary didn’t match what I was watching tonight. It seemed very much West Ham centric when we were playing good football. I thought we were well worth the draw, it was a fair result.

Agree 100%. Hate it when not very good commentators establish their narrative and stick to it regardless of what is actually happening.

Studio summarisers and David Moyes were far more accurate in their analysis (although not helped by the VT prepared on “Toothless Brighton”...).

The truth was “Brighton are a really good side” “West Ham are defending for their lives - but it only takes a second to score a goal and Brighton will keep knocking on the door with all this possession”

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Green was excellent as he always is on 5 Live. Upson is quite decent as a co-commentator too. Poor commentator though who also didn’t understand the offside rule when it came to their disallowed goal - Upson had to put her right.

My picture was perfect - excellent quality - via the Prime channel through Virgin Media.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m sure that one day I’ll forget his howler v USA in the 2010 WC.

Not yet though apparently.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Overall I thought Amazon Prime were pretty slick, the equal of Sky Sports.

It was at least as good. With the added bonus that it...

didn't have Martin Tyler pausing...

every fifth word to find...

a way to use fifteen...

words to find the most...

bloviatied way of forming the...

Simplest of sentences

Or Jamie Carragher chewing up the language and spitting it out with a generous helping of phlegm

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Rob Green was excellent. Articulate and knew his onions. That, however, was the only bright spot. Screechy woman and Matt state the obvious Upson had me searching for the stadium noise option which I frustratingly couldn't find. Screechy was particularly annoying as she couldn't identify our players (she mistook sarmeinto for Lallana, couldn't spot Duffy and referred to him as "The Brighton player" and kept pronouncing Solly as "Marsh" aarrgghh). Matt saying "Headerererers" was about the only bright spot. Stick then both in the Garth Crooks bin.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I haven’t heard him on 5 Live. Why the hell isn’t he ahead of Keown, Dixon, Keane, Merson, Alan Smith (tad harsh) to name a few?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think both Martin Keown and Alan Smith are excellent, the other three not so much. Paul Merson being particularly awful.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The commentary was so so, pundits good but the streaming was lousy. The picture was pixelated in close ups.

My picture was perfect - streaming through a Roku box using the Prime app, however the BBC sport notifications were coming through to my phone about 3/4 seconds before what I was seeing on screen. I ended up moving my phone to where I could not see it!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Rob Green was excellent. Articulate and knew his onions. That, however, was the only bright spot. Screechy woman and Matt state the obvious Upson had me searching for the stadium noise option which I frustratingly couldn't find. Screechy was particularly annoying as she couldn't identify our players (she mistook sarmeinto for Lallana, couldn't spot Duffy and referred to him as "The Brighton player" and kept pronouncing Solly as "Marsh" aarrgghh). Matt saying "Headerererers" was about the only bright spot. Stick then both in the Garth Crooks bin.

And she named Bissouma as 'Souma' through out the whole first half.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The commentary was so so, pundits good but the streaming was lousy. The picture was pixelated in close ups.

Mine was fine for the Albion game (using the app via sky Q) but we switched over to the scouse game at half time and it was pretty crappy to be honest. However we did the same at full time and it was much better.

So perhaps next time try exiting the stream and rejoining??

Still not sold on streaming football until they close the lag, it's getting much better but its still a good few seconds.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Green was excellent as he always is on 5 Live. Upson is quite decent as a co-commentator too. Poor commentator though who also didn’t understand the offside rule when it came to their disallowed goal - Upson had to put her right.

My picture was perfect - excellent quality - via the Prime channel through Virgin Media.

As was mine via the TV Prime App, I have FTTH and a decent connection speed so that helps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here