Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roadworks On A27 Tonight?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Travelling from Eastbourne tonight. Can anyone confirm that there are roadworks on the A27 near Falmer that are causing delays?

Thanks

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
shit I forgot about that! I've got to travel in from Lewes!

aph298

Jul 26, 2004
nomadic
Same problem for me. Work in E'bourne, live in Ringmer. I'll be getting the train from Lewes at 6ish, but don't have the dam travel vouchers as I'm picking the tickets up at Withdean. The club said they can't do anything about it.
The A27 roadworks are just too fearsome to take on. :nono:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'd strongly advise you to leave at least one hour early to avoid the A27 fudge up.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Seeing as the AA Route Planner is playing up at moment, can anyone advise on the best place to cut in from the coast road if coming from Eastbourne.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just checked on both AA and RAC roadwatch and neither mention the A27 at Falmer, are they definately still there anyone or is it just quiet at this time of day there and so no hold ups

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
That's the rush hour PLUS football traffic!

Still the raod should be sorted nicely for our new stadium :)

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
gazwag said:
Just checked on both AA and RAC roadwatch and neither mention the A27 at Falmer, are they definately still there anyone or is it just quiet at this time of day there and so no hold ups

Yep they are still there ( or they were this morning when I had the plaeasure of driving through)

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
yeah, actually this is a very good point.

The stretch just east of falmer is an absolute nightmare in the rush hour.

definelty leave an hour earlier than normal.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What are the trains like to and from Cocksbridge tonight? I might drive up there from Lewes and catch the train in. I don't want to do it from Lewes as you have to change at Brighton and it take AGES to get home.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
What is going on with the A27 at the moment? They seem to have coned off half of the road. It's one lane only from Falmer up to the Kingston roundabout, yet they only seem to be working on the stretch from the Texaco garage to the roundabout. Of course you never actually see the workmen WORKING, most of them seem to be hanging around drinking and chatting whenever i've been parked up there.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Bobby's Gull said:
Seriously? :ohmy:

Seriously.

I work in Lewes and it adds ten minutes to my journey at 0730 and an hour to the return trip (westbound) when i leave at 1700ish.

I've taken to going via Plumpton & Ditchling instead!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here