Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road tax

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Anyone know about rd tax ? i have comp van and reminded firm 2 weeks before its due, first they balls up by sending it to wrong address, then they said another one been sent last fri 1st class, yet still do not have it.. it ran out end april... apparently, i get done if im caught driving it with no tax, is this true, and what, do they fine you ??? just curious

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think they'd want to see you down the police station with all your documents but would let you off if you had proof you'd paid and the disc came through in the next week or so.

In theory you'd get done, in practice I doubt you would

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
They feed you to the alligators or if your really bad throw you in the snake pit.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
You could try the Delboy Trotter approach:

927058701_ed3749bb4a.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyone know about rd tax ? i have comp van and reminded firm 2 weeks before its due, first they balls up by sending it to wrong address, then they said another one been sent last fri 1st class, yet still do not have it.. it ran out end april... apparently, i get done if im caught driving it with no tax, is this true, and what, do they fine you ??? just curious

If the tax hasn't been brought and you drive the van then YOU get done for having no road tax and driving without insurance. By not having a tax disc your insurance is invalidated.

Oh ... and they can crush the van if they wish !

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
If the tax hasn't been brought and you drive the van then YOU get done for having no road tax and driving without insurance. By not having a tax disc your insurance is invalidated.

Oh ... and they can crush the van if they wish !

oh yes the rd tax has been paid for but i been told it has to be displayed?

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Do they even bother checking for a visible tax disc these days, now that they use this ANPR system?

Failure to display is still an offence, but if it's been paid I'm sure you'll just get a ticking off.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Do they even bother checking for a visible tax disc these days, now that they use this ANPR system?

Failure to display is still an offence, but if it's been paid I'm sure you'll just get a ticking off.

just double checked with police, altough its been paid for, tech i could still get done for not having it on display, some coppers might be ok about it but others who just may be having a bad day, may do me

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

the traffic warden always does a visual check around town here early each month and issues a ticket to those not displayed.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
As long as it been paid for you will be fine. They will go through the DVLA to find out if it is taxed. You'd have to get a complete ARSE of a cop to take any action.

Dont forget alot of people buy car tax online, so they have to wait till it arrives in the post.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
As long as it been paid for you will be fine. They will go through the DVLA to find out if it is taxed. You'd have to get a complete ARSE of a cop to take any action.

Dont forget alot of people buy car tax online, so they have to wait till it arrives in the post.

i was told by police you get 5 days grace if you buy online

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham

Lets hope none of the Police Officers who were "acting like Kids" find your Van !

Stop the war protest - Page 7 - North Stand Chat

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
They will do you. We have a company car and the tax disc hadn't arrived and since we don't pay for it we never received the note in the post to renew. We just found a nice FPN on our windscreen for failure to display. What made it worse was that the car was parked in a station car park so the wankers had to drive round into the car park and got out of the car to walk round and inspect cars and although they will have checked on ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) to ensure that it was taxed they were still bloody little hitlers and gave us a ticket. By the way don't go to Lenzie station in Scotland and park your car there.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
They will do you. We have a company car and the tax disc hadn't arrived and since we don't pay for it we never received the note in the post to renew. We just found a nice FPN on our windscreen for failure to display. What made it worse was that the car was parked in a station car park so the wankers had to drive round into the car park and got out of the car to walk round and inspect cars and although they will have checked on ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) to ensure that it was taxed they were still bloody little hitlers and gave us a ticket. By the way don't go to Lenzie station in Scotland and park your car there.

oh no im not going anywhere, my van will stay on my drive till my inept firm get the rd tax to me..thing is they used to post it reg post, but send it by normal post now, tight gits, god knows where it is, as they said they posted it 1st class on friday... total farce if youi ask me !!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here