Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road-kill banquet

100% agree. remember the mad cow pandemic and the Yorkshire farmers giving away cow carcass to who ever wanted them because they were deemed to slaughter anyways.Moreover,these people who will only buy meat wrapped in cling wrap and on foam trays, erm do you eat hotdogs? I guarantee you wouldn't if you saw them being made.This from me who was a butcher for ten years.
NMH google "Sauerbraten" wonderful way to use venison. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip - I've cooked venison 5 different ways so far this week, including a quasadilla for tea this evening :drool:

If you are into this the Lewes to Newhaven road is a daily slaughter. There are limitless freshly dead corpses of Rabbits, Pheasants and Badger's daily. Infact you could live off Pheasant for the rest of your life.
Why leave Lewes? Talbot Terrace provides a banquet.

talbotterracelewesducks.jpg

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I find the A272 to be the undisputed world Pheasant Graveyard.

My favourite thing about them is that they step up to the side of the road, look across to see you driving along at speed in a large motor vehicle, and then carry on walking anyway, in a shrugging-their-pheasanty shoulders, c'est la vie sort of way, ending up in a feathered explosion a split second later.

The world's dumbest birds, without a shadow of doubt.

Absolutely, and these are supposed to be the clever ones who have managed to survive the shooting season:dunce:

Feckin fast runners when they want to be though, have seen a lightly wounded one outrun a gundog on open ground before!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here