Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rivals Arsenal and Tottenham race to sign Le Havre teenager Jeremy Balmy

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Interesting to see he played for Development squad against Dover as well as a few other ex premiership youth players eg theo jones, norwich.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wish I knew who was who in the match versus Dover, as one of our players, playing in the centre pinged a couple of brilliant passes out to the left wing. Any idea who that is?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Balmy? If he was the bloke playing alongside Barker up front, he didn't seem to do much in the highlights.

Balmy_display_image.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The big guy up alongside George Barker was Ben Dickenson who we signed from Dorcheaster for around £100K at the end of last season while he was injured.

Balmy was No8 and if there is any chance he will sign on the dotted line I will drive down to Brighton with a pen right now...................

Thought No7 Courtney Richards, although he missed a fair few passes, looked like he knew what he wanted to do. He was released by Coventry.

Defensively wasn't too clever although the number 3 Shennon Jesson from Aldershot's academy looked quite useful

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Were you there? Did he play well?

No. I'm just going off the 15 minute video highlights where he was prominent and clearly has enough to show that he's got class - "one for the future"

He obviously hasn't progressed as well as was expected as a 16 year old or he would be at Arsenal or Valencia now. As it is he hasn't broken through at Le Havre so temper the skill which is apparent with application and attitude which makes the difference between a good footballer and a successful professional. Just on what I've seen on video in a side that had clearly never met each other and had little cohesion he stands out. I would definitely sign him up if we can and give him a year to see how he develops

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
No. I'm just going off the 15 minute video highlights where he was prominent and clearly has enough to show that he's got class - "one for the future"

He obviously hasn't progressed as well as was expected as a 16 year old or he would be at Arsenal or Valencia now. As it is he hasn't broken through at Le Havre so temper the skill which is apparent with application and attitude which makes the difference between a good footballer and a successful professional. Just on what I've seen on video in a side that had clearly never met each other and had little cohesion he stands out. I would definitely sign him up if we can and give him a year to see how he develops

It was only in November Arsenal, Spurs and Valencia were interested.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I think Balmy would work well if he was put with Darius Vasseline.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
There are two players in that clip, Balmy is easy to pick out with his affro, but there is another player who looks like a SPITTING IMAGE of the legend himself Habib Habibou. Anyone know who the black player with dreadlocks is?

Edit: Was Courtney Richards. Jamaican born, i'd sign him up for flair factor.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here