Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ritchie Towell

Supermarket Sweeper

Mar 21, 2016
Hello lads. I'm an Irish League fan and only started following Albion's results since Towell signed...to follow his progress mainly.

I will say I'm not a Dundalk fan but I'll let you know that Towell is absolutely class. In my opinion, the best talent the league has seen in years, including the likes of Shane Long and Seamus Coleman. Albion have definitely got a great player here.

Has anyone seen if Towell is getting any game time with the reserves and if so, has he done well?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Travelled with the first team to MKDons on Saturday although not in the match day 18 so seemingly close to being in the mix

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
No. Whilst applauding his attitude in that interview, I don't want him anywhere near the bench during the run in. We have good, tried and tested midfield players like Sidwell and Crofts to fill that role, and if Bong regains his place at left back, Liam Rosenior is a class act in midfield too.

Richie Towell is an exciting prospect I readily agree, but he is far from the finished article, and aside from that outing at Hull in the FA Cup in a weakened team, hasn't played a single senior competitive game in England yet.

Crofts has gone to the Gills

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has anyone seen if Towell is getting any game time with the reserves and if so, has he done well?

We no longer have a reserve side as such; it is now the U-21s (although a limited number of overage players can appear). In the time that Towell has been with us, he has made just two appearances in total; 90 minutes against Hull in the FA Cup on January 9 and 90 minutes against WBA for the U-21s on January 25.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Crofts has gone to the Gills

He has now but not when that was posted. Towell must have been above Crofts in the pecking order and I have to say it seems Sidwell is a shadow of his former self.

I would like to see him on the bench for the run in as he would potentially offer a goal threat from midfield that we don't posses.

In a game we are drawing or losing that could make the difference

Supermarket Sweeper

Mar 21, 2016
I would like to see him on the bench for the run in as he would potentially offer a goal threat from midfield that we don't posses.

In a game we are drawing or losing that could make the difference

I think that's a great point. Obviously we all know that football is about taking your chances, which anyone can miss a once off chance. But, Towell has a great ability to create chances and is absolutely brilliant at scoring from midfield. Having him as an option of the bench gives you an X-Factor that not many other players have.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We never did find out where the random 'rumour/fact' that appeared here of him going on loan to Bristol Rovers came from - it was complete tosh obviously, but I still hope he may get a loan move - it's the next step for him. Not every player is signed for the immediate future & Towell may well end up being a good player for us...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agreed.

REALLY not been impressed with what I've seen since Sidwell re-signed.

Sadly, Sidwell is nowhere near the player he once was. He seems to slow us down when he comes on which was evident at MK on Saturday. Great guy to have around the squad though even if only for his experience and attitude.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Sadly, Sidwell is nowhere near the player he once was. He seems to slow us down when he comes on which was evident at MK on Saturday. Great guy to have around the squad though even if only for his experience and attitude.

Very much this.

When teams push up on us we're really dangerous because we move the ball forward so quickly - the second goal at MK was another fine example, as were the other chances we squandered in that period. Once SS came on the forward momentum came to a grinding halt when he got the ball, meaning pressure built on us..

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Towell will become a very good player for us if he keeps on the way he is. The door will open.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here