Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Tony Hart

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Other people also dead...

Sir_Winston_Churchills_grave.jpg

No, No, No, No, No. When did that happen? I used to like him in those insurance commercials.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is why social media is so shite.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Often wonder how many people need to look something up to promote it to a "top story" - happens quite a bit on the BBC website when old items reappear in the "Most Popular" column for no apparent reason. Perhaps they do it deliberately to catch people out?

As mentioned elsewhere, the BBC now put a little note telling when a story first started. But yes, how many hits does a story need to get into the top ten and why do that many people look up an old story all at the same time. On most occasions I've seen it happen the story has no connection with anything happening that day. Right now the top story is about the Glasgow bin lorry but just a repeat of the days page 22 Dec 2014

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
As mentioned elsewhere, the BBC now put a little note telling when a story first started. But yes, how many hits does a story need to get into the top ten and why do that many people look up an old story all at the same time. On most occasions I've seen it happen the story has no connection with anything happening that day. Right now the top story is about the Glasgow bin lorry but just a repeat of the days page 22 Dec 2014

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-31491991?ocid=socialflow_twitter

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
this is why social media is so shite.

I was caught out by a retweet on my timeline on Saturday evening about the death of Nicolas Lyndhurst. The original tweet was from a fake Sky News twitter account which looked genuine at first glance and had been retweeted and favourited hundreds of times in the ten minutes since it had been posted. My NSC thread had to be redacted and finally moved but at the same time on Twitter it was still trending at number 6.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I was caught out by a retweet on my timeline on Saturday evening about the death of Nicolas Lyndhurst. The original tweet was from a fake Sky News twitter account which looked genuine at first glance and had been retweeted and favourited hundreds of times in the ten minutes since it had been posted. My NSC thread had to be redacted and finally moved but at the same time on Twitter it was still trending at number 6.

What a plonker.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Next you'll be suggesting that 'Lady' Diana has succumbed to a road traffic accident within a tunnel in France.

I'm just off to lay some flowers at Kensington Palace. See you all there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here