Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP The Brigadier

Nicholas Courtney, who played Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart in Dr Who, died recently. He had featured in the series since 1968 and it is a shame that he didn't get to feature in the "reborn" series, although he did get one or two mentions and also appeared in the spin off "Sarah Jane Adventures".

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Was it the Daleks ?

Didn't he have a line something like "Winged chappie on the right,10 rounds ,rapid fire," as the Doctor and the unit were being attacked by dangerous churchyard statuary? I liked him.Solid stiff upper lipper.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Was it the Daleks ?

Didn't he have a line something like "Winged chappie on the right,10 rounds ,rapid fire," as the Doctor and the unit were being attacked by dangerous churchyard statuary? I liked him.Solid stiff upper lipper.

It was in The Daemons, and I think he nonchalantly said "Chap there with the wings... 5 rounds rapid!"

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
He was always accompanied by Sergeant Benton and usually by a bunch of anonymous squaddies who would be Brown Bread by the end of the episode as they realised that the five rounds rapid fire had little or no effect on the piece of polystyrene and rags, oops I mean Intergalactic Monster, that they were trying to deal with.....:lolol:

Top, top show, The Daemons actually gave me nightmares!

He was always accompanied by Sergeant Benton and usually by a bunch of anonymous squaddies who would be Brown Bread by the end of the episode as they realised that the five rounds rapid fire had little or no effect on the piece of polystyrene and rags, oops I mean Intergalactic Monster, that they were trying to deal with.....:lolol:

Top, top show, The Daemons actually gave me nightmares!

I recall that story being particularly creepy, the Master appeared in it as an (apparently) mild mannered country vicar with some very strange goings on in his church.

And here it is.....

The Dæmons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
came expecting a thread on Robin Bailey.....then remembered both him and Peter Tinniswood are already (sadly) gone :(

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The gargoyle with the wings in that story scared me more than anything I've ever seen since, and looking at that Wiki I've realised why. I was five years old when it was broadcast. What were my parents thinking letting me watch it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here