Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP , so young

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
No I was questioning whether or not we needed these threads. I didn't say that no one should post them, rather inferred that perhaps people might think about posting them before doing so. Exactly where in my post do I say these threads should be limited?

I thought when you said this you did:"Do we really need a thread on here everytime someone dies?"

I actually thought there were a few sad and salient points about this poor chaps death to be honest...wether the weight loss had anything to do with it for example!

As I said, it's fair enough posting when it's someone you know, but it's all a bit morbid when it's just a local person that has died. I've never heard of anyone dying from losing a couple of stone, and it doesn't say that he lost it in a couple of days or anything! It also said it could have been epilepsy, which is far from rare. Let's face it, if he hadn't been a local hack it wouldn't have made the paper at all.

The "RIP my thoughts are with you" sheep mentality is nauseating. Yes, it's sad, but it's not actually affecting most of the people that post is it? So why bother?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
leonidas said:
Lost my neice last week, 21 years old. Can only imagin what my poor brother is going through.
Funeral tommorrow and I am not looking foreward to it.:down:

Good luck to you.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
RIP

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Do you not think that there's a massive difference in "honouring your dead" which refers to servicemen killed in action for their country (regardless of whether you agree with the conflict or not) and some random bloke that no one knows, and very few people have even heard of?

Yes, it's sad that people die, but it's a FACT that they do die, all the time, EVERYDAY.

Do we really need a thread on here everytime someone dies? Why don't we create a new section for all the handwringers to go to show their respects for someone that they never knew and didn't mean anything to anyone here anyway. I know, lets call it the LIVERPOOL section.

I have no issue with anybody who loses someone special, and I sympathise entirely with the family and friends of this guy, and with anyone that posts here that they too have lost someone close. I have no problem with paying respects to people that come on here and post about tragedies within their lives, as we do at least sort of know them, even if only in a cyber way. It does get a bit ridiculous at times though.

This whole RIP random bloke thing is getting more and more like scousers and Ken Bigley everyday, and it's bollocks.

My whole point was to highlight the fact that the one person to show disdain at a thread about someone's passing is the very same person whose signature starts with the words "honour your dead"

I actually agree that there are probably too many threads of this nature but I thought it was ironic in light of the poster's signature that he should have been the first to state this

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I briefly worked with Ben when we were younger so was sad to see he had passed away.

A few years ago when he was refereeing, I commited a foul and Ben called me over to him. He looked at me and then announced with a grin on his face "if you do that again, you and me will be taking a trip to yellow card land".

RIP Ben.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here