Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Private Robert Wood, a BHA fan that lost his life in Afghanistan

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I never met Robert, i really wish i had. We are both soldiers and Albion supporters, that makes us mates and idiots at the same time! If you have never served in the Military you may never know of the bond that instantly forms when you meet a fellow squaddie, let alone one that supports your team! You talk about rubbish officers, places you have served, throw names around to see if you know the same people, talk about the last game you saw. Obviously a few beers are drunk as well. It is a special thing. It leaves you with a smile on your face. I wish i had been able to have this opportunity with Robert.

Robert, you will always be remembered. You will always be remembered by your Army Brothers. You will always be remembered by your Albion Brothers.

Rest in peace mate and i am off to the Mess to have a pint on you!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Tragic news and it really brings it home when we lose one of our "own" Thank you to all the servicemen and women fighting for this country - you should be truly proud of the contribution you are making. RIP Robert.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Very sad to hear, RIP Robert and all condolences to his family and friends.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
very sad, RIP Robert, another one who wont see us go home

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Rest in Peace Robert Wood. Thank you for your service; your Albion Family will remember you.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
R.I.P.

For a football man:

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
the darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

steve-c

RIP , words cant replace a lost one, but the kind word's on here might make it a bit easier, knowing fellow albion fan's care.

thanks Robert for all you gave for our country. i served in the army so know how proud a man you were. have a beer in the naafi bar up there and look over your son as he wears the stripes with pride.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
RIP So very sad. To your family - can't imagine the pain. RIP.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can't do this post justice, but what a terrible and tragic loss. Rest in peace.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gets me every time, my best friend's husband is in the Paras & his best mate was killed two weeks ago in Afghan by an IED. Her husband is due back out there soon. They learn to live with it but still dread that knock at the door.

One of the reasons I'm running the marathon for Help For Heroes, that and I have lots of friends & colleagues that are serving or ex-forces. God speed you all, guys.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
RIP, so young - i suspect everyone who has read this will give their kids an extra cuddle tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here