Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Paul Walker

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Very sad and horrifically ironic for him to go out in a sports car (which one can perhaps assume) was going too quick(i have no idea if thats been confirmed or not).

Either way, horrible.

RIP

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Does anyone else find any karma in the fact that someone who promoted racing cars on streets and driving cars super fast as a hobbie - in a worldwide franchise.......then leaves this reality by driving too fast.

This is meant as no disrespect to a decent actor and probably nice bloke.....but the message of this is unfortunately a better message than the toxic F&F films gave.

Idiot.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Does anyone else find any karma in the fact that someone who promoted racing cars on streets and driving cars super fast as a hobbie - in a worldwide franchise.......then leaves this reality by driving too fast.

This is meant as no disrespect to a decent actor and probably nice bloke.....but the message of this is unfortunately a better message than the toxic F&F films gave.

:facepalm:

He was on his way to a charity gig, and no I don't

And yes your an idiot

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Isn't Karma something someone wishes on someone else for some bad to come to them when they have done something wrong ? ( it is utter bullshit btw ) This bloke was in a fictious film. Why would death be Karma for him ? Very poor show.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It really doesn't matter what he was up to, speeding, driving, not driving, whatever the circumstance it's a tragedy a man died so young, or at all in those circumstances. As I've said before with CT's they comment on things that are distant from them in an attempt to alleviate anxiety and comfort themselves in the face of tragedy, whether it be 3000 dying in the WTC or 2 men in a car.

I doubt very much if it were Hybrid X's brother who died in such circumstances he would so glibly shrug and proclaim "Karma!" but typing on an internet forum to people he doesn't know, about someone he never knew, in a far off country somehow makes it acceptable in his mind. This to me demonstrates lack of maturity, experience and empathy. All traits of the conspiracy gang.

Shameful.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Very sad - RIP. Only recently watched "In the Blue" - sadly PW was somewhat overshadowed by Jessica's arse but I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It really doesn't matter what he was up to, speeding, driving, not driving, whatever the circumstance it's a tragedy a man died so young, or at all in those circumstances. As I've said before with CT's they comment on things that are distant from them in an attempt to alleviate anxiety and comfort themselves in the face of tragedy, whether it be 3000 dying in the WTC or 2 men in a car.

I doubt very much if it were Hybrid X's brother who died in such circumstances he would so glibly shrug and proclaim "Karma!" but typing on an internet forum to people he doesn't know, about someone he never knew, in a far off country somehow makes it acceptable in his mind. This to me demonstrates lack of maturity, experience and empathy. All traits of the conspiracy gang.

Shameful.

I do agree, but I am also uneasy with this demand for a show of grief for someone that isnt close.

Of course you can empathise with any tragedy, but it shouldn't follow that without a public outpouring of grief on any social media site condemns you to personality assassination that probably doesnt really fit what you are actually like, seems just just a crass.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do agree, but I am also uneasy with this demand for a show of grief for someone that isnt close.

Of course you can empathise with any tragedy, but it shouldn't follow that without a public outpouring of grief on any social media site condemns you to personality assassination that probably doesnt really fit what you are actually like, seems just just a crass.

I think showing respect is the thing to do.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think showing respect is the thing to do.

But isnt this the point, empathy yes, but how can you offer genuine respect about someone we really havent got a clue what he is like.

Personally I thought it was a tragedy, although I had to google to find out who he was, he seemed a good looking guy that had far too much to look forward to rather then to die like this, but beyond this, I wasnt moved as much as some would demand me to be.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I rarely comment on RIP threads for this exact reason unless there is a bigger point such as Lee Rigby. However, nor would I go on one to express some half arsed theory about someone I don't know. But yes, I agree with your point.
Very few deaths of people in the public eye move me particularly, especially celebrities. The only recent one that shocked me and made me feel a bit sad was Heath Ledger. I have no idea why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here