Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] RIP Michael Robinson

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Very sad day, very sad news. Yep, he was one of my firm favourites in the very early years of my following the Albion. RIP & thank you, Michael Robinson. :bowdown::bowdown::bhasign:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Really sad to hear. He was the flair man for me. I loved him up front and wished he'd stayed longer with us. He was truly love din Spain... one of the few ex-Brighton players that Spanish people knew then.

RIP... Albion legend.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sad day for the Albion, the goal that sticks in my mind is his winner at White Hart Lane in October 1981, when we humbled the mighty Spurs 1-0.

RIP Robbo.

Arguably, and certainly not fishing here, his strike partnership with Andy Ritchie in 81-82, ability wise was far better than everyone's fantasy pairing of Zamora and Ward.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Don't think saw him in the flesh as was a bit young
However he was still one of my favourite players, a proper Roy of the Rovers striker
I always think of him when I see an old British Caledonian shirt
Nice tribute from Lawrenson mentioning that Robinson bought his old house from him in Hove
Lovely smile too

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Deeply shocked by this, only just heard. I loved watching Michael Robinson play, he played his heart out every game. My abiding memory of him will always be him puffing his cheeks out and running like the wind to win the ball. A gentleman, fair player and lovely man.

R.I.P big man.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
F A cup fifth round 1983,can still picture Michael rampaging around giving there back four including Mark Lawrenson a hard time.Having lost my wife recently its brought back the tears,what a shit year.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Never gave up and did his best 100% every game, which is something some of today's players could learn from. Added to that, he had pace, no little skill and could shoot and head the ball. I saw him play many times. Just what we could do with now. RIP Michael Robinson, Albion legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here