Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Malcolm Allison

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What a great man!

Does anyone remember that famous documentary City?

[yt]a3KVEy1XKoc[/yt]

A great loss to the game.

Michael Robinson on his time at Man City:
"I used to think Malcolm Allison woke up in the morning wondering how to complicate my life. He would speak to me about angles and zones. And I wasn't the only one. Mick Channon didn't understand a blind word either. But I archived it somewhere. Later, what Malcolm had been saying fell into place."

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my friends had a pub in Elmers End near Beckenham and he was a regular and they said that he had so much charisma and an aura about him that when he walked into the pub everybody, both male and female stood in amazement.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he epitomised that great play boy spirit that was sadly never carried into management once they gave up playing.

Difficult to tell who else was like him but Melia had a go with those white shoes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That video is flair, hands up those that have stood in the Kippax Stand ?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Like Herbert Chapman and Brian Clough, it is a pity Malcolm Allison and Joe Mercer never got an extended crack at the England job.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apparently, my late uncle used to hang around with him when they were younger (I say younger, I would imagine it was during his time at plymouth argyle)

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Just finished reading the recent biography on him - very good book although a bit too much emphasis on his time at City.

Allison was way before his time in terms of tactics and always great value for the media.

Alex Higgins and Malcolm Allison gone in a matter of weeks - genuine legends.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
I used to live round the corner from Selhurst Park in the mid seventies. Difficult for a BHA supporter. But what a character Malcolm Allison was and a brilliant coach. Had problems as a manager though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here