Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Heroes and Winners

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Had a letter today saying that Heroes and Winners was ending at the end of February.

I joined right at the start and had two second places, a meal for two at donatellos about three years ago and a signed shirt just before Christmas. Anybody else a winner.

They are asking me if I want to sign up to the Scratchcard thing-a-me-jig, which already has 2,500 players apparantly, what's that all about then?

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Over the years I've won 2 signed shirts(1 adult & 1 child),hospitality for 4 at a home game(won a signed football in raffle that day) thoroughly enjoyed by all and we won as well! Last prize I won was a £100 voucher to spend at the Club shop,which I still have to spend. Definitely been worth being part of Heroes and Winners as the prizes were different from the norm. Not sure about the scratchcards but will make mind up at end of Feb when H & W finishes.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We have been doing the Scratchcards for a few years now. Nout special really. Someone comes to your house every so often and you buy scratchcards off them. These are similar to National Lottery scratchcards, and you get the winnings back from the guy you bought it from.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We have been doing the Scratchcards for a few years now. Nout special really. Someone comes to your house every so often and you buy scratchcards off them. These are similar to National Lottery scratchcards, and you get the winnings back from the guy you bought it from.

I cant imagine I will get somebody come to Bexhill on the off chance I am in, I assumed they would sent in the post. They have sent me a standing order mandate for the same as I currently pay on H&W

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Shame its going as its a bit more original than a scratchcard, always brings a smile from the choices when they are read out " ....and his heroes are Mark Farrington and Leon Knight":lol:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I too have had some touches on this; £80 and £100 club shop voucher, signed football of last seasons all conquering squad and a table for 4 on the hospitality vibe in the porterkabin.

Cant see how they are gonna raise as much through the scratchcards. I have a bloke who brings a couple to me evry week or so and the most Ive ever one since theyve been in existence is £2.00 hardly an incentive is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here