Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Eddie Stobart

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Eddie Stobart has died at the age of 56 of heart problems. :( End of the road for him. Used to count how many of his lorries we'd see on the M6 and whoever got nearest won some money.

Minute's silence at Carlisle for him maybe as he used to sponsor them and they had a brilliant green and orange away kit one season.

Rest In Peace, Eddie.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
R.I.P Edward, let's win it on Sunday for you.

carlisle.JPG

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Will they scatter his ashes over the M6?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Eddie Stobart single handedly smartened up the image of the trucking industry. The vehicle fleet was immaculately turned out and drivers had to wear a shirt and tie.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
R.I.P Edward, let's win it on Sunday for you.

carlisle.JPG

Probably my favourite non-Albion kit ever. Many an hour spent Eddie spotting on the way to away games and have never been beaten. Made the rules up as I went along including a 5 minute sin-bin for an incorrect spot -(the John Smiths brewery lorries could be tricky at a distance!)- and even drove round a lorry park at a service station to nab a couple whilst my travelling companion was sin-binned.

Had a row with a Solicitor in Maidstone once as he maintained there were more Norbert Dessentrangle's trucks on our roads than Eddies. Norbert f***ing Dessentrangle, my arse. They weren't fit to clean Eddie's sidetrailers!

RIP Eddie (the younger)

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
that is an absolutely STUNNING kid that any club should be proud of...always counted Eddie's, and will continue to do so!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aaahh, happy memories of Carrot Cruncher pulling imaginary horns to get the Stobart drivers to honk, all the way to Hartlepool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here