Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Donna Summer

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
My era, always brought back memory's of my youth when I heard her records. R.I.P a talented lady.

Noldi.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I feel love
Summer 1977 hitching through Northern Spain into Pamplona. Hot hot hot, some superb looking females, then Mont de Marsan festival in a bullring with Lou Reed and the Police. Fabulous memories and an awesome track.

TNBA

TTF

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As you get older more and more legends pop of this mortal coil. People you grew up with musically. A memory, a lost love, some happy times. RIP Donna you were one of the very best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCtDAAPO-j4

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Excuse me?

She was also the singer of some of the worst lyrics in pop history....
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don’t think that I can take it
‘Cause it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

She was CLASS. Anyway pop songs are not renowned for their Shakespearean lyrics. It is about the music and the emotion both of which she had in abundance.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Excuse me?

She was also the singer of some of the worst lyrics in pop history....
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don’t think that I can take it
‘Cause it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

So, will you look through the Baird's collection, that'll be our William, by the way, and point out for no seeming reason about a 4 line dodgy ode?

I danced to her stuff, whilst not reading your crap, thank God.

f***ing Pratt.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

So, will you look through the Baird's collection, that'll be our William, by the way, and point out for no seeming reason about a 4 line dodgy ode?

I danced to her stuff, whilst not reading your crap, thank God.

f***ing Pratt.

Superb stuff mate. Telling it how it is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Listening to Patrick Cowley mix of "I feel love" absolutely the nuts!! Donna S RIP. One of my all time fav tunes.

It never fails in the club, never.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sad news but her music lives on, not forgetting Down Deep Inside...

Something warm is turning inside of me
Something warm is burning inside of me....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Didnt see that one coming RIP Donna...

If my memory serves me correctly, the DJ at Sherries had 'I feel love' on import, and seeing how the crowd reacted in Sherries, recommended that the label release the tune in the UK... cant remember the DJ's name for the life of me though...

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

If my memory serves me correctly, the DJ at Sherries had 'I feel love' on import, and seeing how the crowd reacted in Sherries, recommended that the label release the tune in the UK... cant remember the DJ's name for the life of me though...

Rory, Rory, they all had it in for Rory.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i dont usually join in RIP threads...but it's always sad when a singer dies.

and then you find out it's not cliff richard

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My era, always brought back memory's of my youth when I heard her records. R.I.P a talented lady.

Noldi.

Exactly. Although we look back and laugh at the 70's I feel blessed to have been around at the time of disco and glam. The lyrics didn't really matter but some of the intro's acted like a magnet to the dance floor at Sherry's, The Suite and even Sloopy's. When Queen of Clubs (KC), Rock Your Baby (George McRae), Earth Wind & Fire, Donna Summer and even the Bee Gees hit the decks even the most shy and spotty teenager felt like the disco king (before slinking back to the safety of the bar to check the time of the last bus).

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton

I'm another one who lived at Sherry's and this was the top tune.

Kenny Lyn was the main DJ although I remember more Martin Peters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here