Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Dale Roberts. (Merged)

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Dale was by far the best keeper outside of the Football League by a long way on the several times i saw him and a keeper who wouldnt look out of place in any League One team.

RIP

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Especially not, seemingly, 7 months down the line.

It may be a few months, but it's also nearly Christmas, a period when suicide rates are significantly higher.

If you're feeling lonely, the whole festive thing completely exacerbates it. Maybe he couldn't face Christmas without her.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
A gold-digging hoe, who only went with Terry because of his surname and money. Herself and Terry should hang their heads in shame.
R.I.P Dale

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A gold-digging hoe

???

sirius_hoe.jpg

RIP Dale, a tragic loss, and as others have rightly said, the Terry family should yet again hang their heads in shame for another, as the phrase unfortunatley goes in this circumstance-notch on the bedpost in the terms of what another disgraceful act the family has been involved in.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
RIP Dale, a tragic loss, and as others have rightly said, the Terry family should yet again hang their heads in shame for another, as the phrase unfortunatley goes in this circumstance-notch on the bedpost in the terms of what another disgraceful act the family has been involved in.

A sad story, not that any of us know the truth, only rumours.

But then again, let those without sin cast the first stone...I'm willing to bet a very large percentage of posters on here have been a bit naughty behind a partner or spouse's back. Maybe they never found out, maybe it didn't end as dramatically as this case appears to have done, and I'm not saying it's right, but let's face it, plenty of us have done it.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
A gold-digging hoe, who only went with Terry because of his surname and money. Herself and Terry should hang their heads in shame.
R.I.P Dale

How much Money do you think Paul Terry has made in his life when the highlight is playing for Yeovil?

Not as much as a promising young goalkeeper who is tipped for bigger and and better things in the Football League Id bet!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't get me wrong, I don't have any time for Paul Terry, a mediocre footballer who is only even vaguely famous because of his brother. And I'm sure he (and quite probably John Terry) will get a massive amount of abuse over this. I guess if you dance with the devil, you can't complain if you end up getting a bit singed as a consequence.

I'm just pretty certain that many of the people who will pass judgement (and I don't just mean on here) will have cheated on a partner to some extent during their lives.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
How much Money do you think Paul Terry has made in his life when the highlight is playing for Yeovil?

Not as much as a promising young goalkeeper who is tipped for bigger and and better things in the Football League Id bet!

Paul Terry, i would assume due to his family and their 'affiliations', is considerably richer than Dale Roberts. Obviously i can not be certain of this but when your brother earns around £10 million-a-year i'm sure Paul isn't short of a few bob. Roberts may well have gone on to bigger and better things in his career and may have gone on to earn a shed load of money, but when do gold diggers look to the future, when they can have it now?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
There are no winners in this tragic situation.
A man loses his life needlessly, family suffer forever more, football loses a talented player, persons involved feel guilty until the day they die etc etc....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Woah, things like this really put football and in fact life in itself in perspective more than anything, so tragic and I cant imagine how helpless me must have felt in order to take this sort of action, just a horrible, horrible story. As for Paul Terry and his cheating wife, I hope you can both sleep tonight because I sure as hell know I wouldn't be able to. Odious, disgusting things and a disgrace to even call them humans.

RIP, and as I said, I hope those two can live with themselves. :tosser:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What a terribly sad situation. Condolences to the poor lad's family & friends.

:(

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Death of Diamonds player Dale Roberts 'not suspicious'

_50429546_daleroberts.jpg
Goalkeeper Dale Roberts was an England C international
Continue reading the main story Related stories

The death of Rushden and Diamonds goalkeeper Dale Roberts on Tuesday at the age of 24 is not being treated as suspicious, police have said.
It is yet to be revealed how the former Nottingham Forest player died. A report has been prepared for the coroner.
Rushden and Diamonds opened Nene Park on Wednesday for fans to pay tribute to the player, who was found at his home in Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire.
Roberts joined Diamonds in January 2009 and was an England C international.
Prior to that he had loan spells with Eastwood Town and Alfreton Town.
Rushden and Diamonds' FA Youth Cup tie at Hull, which had been scheduled for Wednesday evening, was postponed following the death.
The goalkeeper's fiancée, Lindsey Cowan, described him as "my childhood sweetheart and the love of my life".
In a separate statement, the footballer's parents, Isabelle and George Roberts, said Lindsey and their son had been very happy together.
Mr and Mrs Roberts added: "We are grieving for our wonderful son Dale.
"We are devastated by his death."
In her statement, Miss Cowan said: "We had been together since a young age and I will never get over his death."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-11998652

I don't find alot of the comments on this thread helpful or sympathetic given the situations of several people the posters know absolutely nothing about apart from some press reports. They read as mean, petty, vindictive and unnecessary in the circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here