Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Christopher Reeve Missus

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stumpy Tim said:
In all fairness, NSC is becoming like Liverpool. Mass mournings over someone you barely knew existed yesterday.
Damn right. I think the most nausiating example of this was the thread for the two Sheff Wed fans who died in a car crash. FFS!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There no real need to post, feck you your dead, just leave the thread alone.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be fair the death of SW fans have a hell of a lot more relevance to this site than the death of some wife of an overrated American actor.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think you are a little off kilter there Simster.

Stumpy Tim

Uncle Spielberg said:
I think you are a little off kilter there Simster.

He's not Gareth. Every day there's a new "INSERT NAME" is dead thread, and frankly 99% of them we have no idea who they are. Fair enough when it's footballers like Best, Osgood etc, and well known people. But a thread about the death of the wife of a celebrity who died two years ago is a little OTT now

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If someone wants to use up a micro space of cybernet with a post of someone dying , whats the problem ???

Stumpy Tim

Some people here get annoyed with Kev & 1066's childish rambles. Others get annoyed when there are threads on unknown dead people.

And it devalues obituraries when someone who deserves such a thread dies

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair Play

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Spielberg said:
If someone wants to use up a micro space of cybernet with a post of someone dying , whats the problem ???
I just feel that it promotes a culture of needless and irelevent hand-wringing, and is one short hop away from being jumped on for having a dissenting voice.

Let's face it, we saw a similar thing around the time of the Wrexham love-in where there were about 10 Wrexham threads on page one for weeks, and it was obviously getting on a lot of people's nerves, yet no-one felt able to complain.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I have to agree with Stumpy, theres hundres of people in Africa dying daily through starvation and do we see posts on here about it? well according to this thread we should!

Maybe we need a: Who Died Today? forum!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here