Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Chris Copsey

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Back in the 80's he had that roulette game on the radio - had to guess a colour, then an odd/even and then the exact match. He called me up on my 25th birthday and I played this game.

I also turned out for Southern FM in a few charity soccer matches - I'm sure he pulled a shirt on for the "Southern Sound Allstars" on a couple of occassions.

Very sad, esp for those left behind - wife and kids.
RIP

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Very sad news indeed. He was the man that converted me from Radio 1 to Southern Sound back in the day. A great loss !!. RIP

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Very sad to read this news today:down:

A great voice, and from what everybody is saying a very nice guy.

R.I.P. Coppo

Why do all the nice people die early????

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He was a proper old school radio DJ wasn't he, complete with the classic trait of pronouncing the letter T as a D in words like "little".

Was genuinely quite shocked when I heard this, I can remember him back in the Southern Sound days and still occasionally picked up bits of his show on Bright, being in mid Sussex. Loads of us must have grown up with him on the radio.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Chris was a lovely bloke, without a bad word to say about anyone. An all round good chap who will be missed by many.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Chris Copsey From The Argus)

To me if The Argus are going to run something like this then maybe a little "sensitive" editing would be good, PLEASE!

RIP

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Collapsed in Sainsbury's at Haywards Heath apparently. Sounds very mcuh like a heart related death.
Chris actually collapsed at Sainsburys Lyons Farm Worthing where my wife works, first aiders administered CPR but it was sadly to no avail. R.I.P. Chris and condolences to his family.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Very shocked by this,always used to hear him on Splash FM and he always used to mention the Albion.Very sad news.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't work out if you're on a wind-up or not with this, so I will just point out for you that it was published in September 2009. They have got something up about his death.

Of course it's not a wind up, I thought given some of the answers and no explanation it isn't appropriate, just my opinion. Seems a little inappropriate that's all.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
blimey... i dont often mooch about radio stations..i have my fav's and moved away from the southern fm/heart style of tat ages ago..but did stumble across a local station a few weeks ago and heard that very familiar tone of mr copsey and thought great...glad to hear him again. thoughts to his family and friends...

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
That is so sad, I know he was a regular at Withdean in the Adams era and I hated Southern fm but him and Dan Gasser and Danny Pike where good DJs and its good they all found work once the heart franchise took over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here