Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rinsing plates why dont we do it?

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Never rinse, waste of water. If it's going on the draining board, no need to rinse, if you're drying it straight away, then rinsing it speeds up the drying process

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
So, what was your favourite ever tea towel? We had a lovely one depicting the Norfolk Broads once. Beautiful.

Ohhh, was it the one with a nice windmill and pictures of boats at Wroxham? That was a particular favorite of mine! Did you get your's from Roy's of Wroxham? That's where I got mine!

Needs a poll. Who has a dishwasher and who washes manually?

OK - seeing as no one else has risen to the challenge I will do it then. I will leave someone else to start the one about favourite Tea Towels (or pot cloth as our Northern friends apparently refer to them).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OK - seeing as no one else has risen to the challenge I will do it then. I will leave someone else to start the one about favourite Sanitary Towels (or blood clart as our Jamaican friends apparently refer to them).
:blush:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I remember when I was a young'un that my parents' newspaper ran a headline story to the effect that the big companies were meeting to discuss their liability in the face of new evidence that had found that not rinsing plates left detergent on them, which then got ingested next time you ate off them, and that that had been shown to lead to cancer.

Must have been hogwash as they never said another word about it. Either that or they got hushed up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rinsers, do you leave the hot tap running or fill the sink up again and just dip em in clean water? It's an issue very close to my heart and lets face it you don't want to overdo it on the gas billl now do you

I rinse and leave the hot tap running gently, but I dont have to worry about the gas bill as it doesnt heat the water

I don't rinse, it's pointless and uses up time!
What she said.

The interesting thing is that those of us who aren't obsessed with domestic cleanliness seem to be able to live quite comfortably with all sorts of bacteria and bugs.

MrsA and her chums, CDiff and C-Coli, are much more interested in attacking places that are, apparently, OBSESSSSSSSED with cleanliness.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
when i went to uni the tw@t i lived with would shout at me for not rinsing, saying we'd all get ill if i didn't rinse ...

i grew up letting bubbles drain off the plates, and never got ill, nor tasted any detergent.

the taste and 'texture' of washing machined crockery et al i find pretty rank.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The answer to your question is that teraditionally European detergents were much strongert han English 'washing up liquids' and you needed to rinse them or you ended up with stoamch ache.

On the flip side, many Europeans used to think that english washing up liquids didn't clean properly.

As pretty much everyone now uses Johnson and P+G porducts it probaly doesn't mmatyter anymore but old habits die hard.

Dishwashers always rinse.... why? Because the detergent is stronger.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Leave things dirty, it's less effort and you build up a good immune system

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here