• The Dangerous Brothers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Beach Hut said:
Albeit Harry Enfield created some very funny characters:

Loads of money, nice but dim Tim, that Barmen I forget his name, the Considerably Rich Man, Mr Grayson and Nicey and Smashie - don't knock them they were very funny.

True - In a way - but like comparing diamante or cubic zirconia with the real McCoy.

Tim Nice But Dim & Loads Of Money aren't genius creations - they captured the public imagination at the time but aren't truly funny. Watch them now and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Smashie & Nicie are true legends tho - "Not 'arf!" Will go down in comedy history. (But still only funny if you're familiar with Fluff)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The bands on the Young Ones were cool.

Who could forget Motorhead with Ace of Spades as they run to the station for university challenge.

Pure brilliance. That sort of TV landmark stuff sticks in my mind Forever!

Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread than......JOHN

Stumpy Tim

What about the party episode, when Famine throws a sandwich. Dawn French is giving the born-again Christian speech and she gets crushed by the sandwich.

Rick: Well that's just typical. Five minutes to go to the most important party of my life & half the house has been destroyed by a gigantic sandwich.

:clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Captain Sensible said:
The bands on the Young Ones were cool.

Who could forget Motorhead with Ace of Spades as they run to the station for university challenge.

Pure brilliance. That sort of TV landmark stuff sticks in my mind Forever!

Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread than......JOHN

Or Amazulu - "I'm a Glaswegian" !

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
I have the Young ones on dvd and although it's funny there are a lot of topical references which although i understand the names references etc. i don't really know why it's funny.Bottom for me!

"Edward Elizabeth Hitler come down here right now!":lolol:

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
JEM said:
Sam, get hold of some Monty Python. The original offbeat wacky TV series. The Ministry Of Silly Walks - will never be equalled. The Lumberjack sketch. The Dead Parrot skit. Hell's Grannies. Upperclass Twit Of The Year. The Piranha Brothers. The Mason Sketch. Spam. The Cheese Shop Vignette. The Funniest Joke Ever Written.

Harry Enfield is not fit to scrub Python's underpants.

What about the silly elections?

:lolol: :jester:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
JEM said:
Sam, get hold of some Monty Python. The original offbeat wacky TV series. The Ministry Of Silly Walks - will never be equalled. The Lumberjack sketch. The Dead Parrot skit. Hell's Grannies. Upperclass Twit Of The Year. The Piranha Brothers. The Mason Sketch. Spam. The Cheese Shop Vignette. The Funniest Joke Ever Written.

Harry Enfield is not fit to scrub Python's underpants.

:clap:

What a post. Monty Python shall never be beaten. It is the only programme that I can honestly say is funnier than Blackadder.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
(p)Rik "Can you sing Summer Holiday?"
Suggs " You hum it and I'll smash your face in"

The other night's Office where Brent went from singing his Lady Diana song straight into 'Every Breath You Take' has to be one of the funniest comedy moments of all time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here