Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right wing politics,does it mean you are Racist ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Following on from the Enoch Powell thread. Is it right to asume that if you vote for a right wing candidate (except Bnp) that others make conclude you have racist veiws ? We often forget what went on in the Eastern Bloc before the wall came down. That to me is another form of racism. :bigwave:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
From what I read on this board it often seems to mean you'll have an aggressive personality and are unable to spell :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Following on from the Enoch Powell thread. Is it right to asume that if you vote for a right wing candidate (except Bnp) that others make conclude you have racist veiws ? We often forget what went on in the Eastern Bloc before the wall came down. That to me is another form of racism. :bigwave:

Nope. I'm right-wing and may be a lot of things but racist isn't one of them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nope. Although daring to voice concern over unchecked immigration means you are likely to be accused of that on here.

I would class myself as Left leaning but have been slagged off as some sort of Nazi on this forum because I think Muslim extremism is just as vile as fascism. "Leave them alone Hillbilly" they cry, "multiculturalism is fab!" whilst looking over their shoulders when they get on the tube in case some "victim" with a kilo of Semtex strapped to his chest is sitting behind them.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I don't think the old left/right is particularly relevant these days. But, certainly, what is usually (and lazily, imo) described as right-wing does not automatically mean racist. What are you, Christian Democrat-ish, Old One Nation School Tory, Monetarist?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think the old left/right is particularly relevant these days. But, certainly, what is usually (and lazily, imo) described as right-wing does not automatically mean racist. What are you, Christian Democrat-ish, Old One Nation School Tory, Monetarist?

.....New Labour.....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Being right wing does not make you racist nor does having concerns over immigration. In my mind at least, being right wing is far more about economics and opinions on tradition than about any ideas of religious or racist persecution. Afterall, it is a supposed left of centre government who is launching many pieces of anti-terror legislation (such as increased detention time) which would be akin to a right wing party. Why is Gordon Brown's government not thought of as racist yet if a Tory government had passed the same legislation, it would be viewed as xenophobic nonsense passed by an out-of-touch group of fuddiduddies.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it right to asume that if you vote for a right wing candidate (except Bnp) that others make conclude you have racist veiws ?

Best to err on the safe side and say YES. It does tend to indicate a low IQ, appalling spelling and grammar, and a hatred of hard-working people from other countries who chose to set up home here and allegedly take the jobs of ferals on benefits. Oh, and you tend to resemble a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig. Tho only in about 99% of cases. No offense.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
To answer your question Leeky, Course not.

But I'll ask another question. Is it possible to be left wing and a Bigot/Racist.

Answer yes

Jan 30, 2008
i think there are a lot of people in this country who now have right wing views but don't want the Nazi tag applied which is so convenient for some people even second generation immigrants are concerned about the influx of outsiders into the country what does that say??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i think there are a lot of people in this country who now have right wing views but don't want the Nazi tag applied which is so convenient for some people even second generation immigrants are concerned about the influx of outsiders into the country what does that say??

....that commas have some use in sentences?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nope. Although daring to voice concern over unchecked immigration means you are likely to be accused of that on here.

I would class myself as Left leaning but have been slagged off as some sort of Nazi on this forum because I think Muslim extremism is just as vile as fascism. "Leave them alone Hillbilly" they cry, "multiculturalism is fab!" whilst looking over their shoulders when they get on the tube in case some "victim" with a kilo of Semtex strapped to his chest is sitting behind them.

Accusing people of being "liberal apologists" living in the leafy suburbs, when all they did was disagree with Enoch Powell speech doesn't go down well either :D:D

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

says Das Reich :D :D :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You know when you've gone too far - when you sound just like a taxi driver , otherwise I think it is alright to vote for right wing candidates (Conservatives and UKIP) without fear of being branded a nazi. I tore up my Labour Party card in 1998 as New Labour turned into Old Tories when they got into power and shifted radically to the right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here