Ricky Sbragia

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Got the push he don't exactly look happy about it does he

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Feel a bit sorry for this guy actually, seems like a nice guy from what I've seen.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's done the honourable thing I think, he was never the right choice for manager but he's remained his dignity and respect whilst working hard and keeping them up, just. Atleast he had the ambition to have a go at being a #1, it's obviously not worked but much respect to him for admitting it and stepping down, rather than being stubborn and forcing the board into making the decision.

As NF9 says, he seems a nice guy from what I've seen of him on MOTD, so I'm glad he's not been sacked.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The word on the inside is that he is a good coach but not a good manager. Better to resign and drop back to a coaching role than suffer the ignomy of the sack

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i think i read somewhere that steve bruce is being lined up for sunderland

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
It looked more like a 'mutual consent' thing. He didnt really look at all happy about it. The body language said it. Wasnt it a bit strange that Quinn announced it before he had chance to say it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just to warn you my friend, people on here dont take kindly to people posting rumours.

Not when they are complete attention seeking turd of rumours we don't.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought he came across as rather dignified, to be honest.

I think it's been obvious for a while that he's realised he probably doesn't have the players' 100% backing, and he's made the honest decision to leave with his reputation more or less intact.

Better than some managers, having to be dragged kicking and screaming from their jobs, or doing a Redknapp and blaming everyone else but himself for all a club's ills. And at least he didn't do an end of match karaoke on the pitch, immodestly soaking up the adulation for barely scraping survival...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know of a league team in Sussex that pretty much canonised their manager recently for staying in their division on the last day of the season.

Absolutely, but he didn't grab the microphone and sing a tribute to his own greatness, nor did he persuade the team to do a lap of honour, perhaps realising that despite the excitement on the day, finishing just outside the relegation places wasn't much to boast about.

So he's exempted :)

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Absolutely, but he didn't grab the microphone and sing a tribute to his own greatness, nor did he persuade the team to do a lap of honour, perhaps realising that despite the excitement on the day, finishing just outside the relegation places wasn't much to boast about.

So he's exempted :)

What Dave the Manager of Buxted Reserves? No he didnt but he did streak (in the nude and with no clothes on) all round the pitch and kiss everyone in the crowd.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I thought he came across as rather dignified, to be honest.

I think it's been obvious for a while that he's realised he probably doesn't have the players' 100% backing, and he's made the honest decision to leave with his reputation more or less intact.

Better than some managers, having to be dragged kicking and screaming from their jobs, or doing a Redknapp and blaming everyone else but himself for all a club's ills. And at least he didn't do an end of match karaoke on the pitch, immodestly soaking up the adulation for barely scraping survival...

I think poor old Sbragia ended up getting the job as the default option, nobody else wanted it.

Roy Keane left his fair share of a mess there, spending money like there was no tomorrow on players it was simply OBVIOUS he'd never get on with(Anton Ferdinand for example) and then buggering off. Had this been anyone else, they'd have been slaughtered in the press...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here