Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Lambert to saints

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Its a complete joke. Yep go bust, pay zilch to anyone you owe money to. Then create a new club and then go ona spending spree.

The penalty for admin is a joke. What should happen is that Saints as new club, should start at the very bottom. Hampshire league or whatever.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a complete joke. Yep go bust, pay zilch to anyone you owe money to. Then create a new club and then go ona spending spree.

The penalty for admin is a joke. What should happen is that Saints as new club, should start at the very bottom. Hampshire league or whatever.

Couldn't agree more.
Not long ago it was all this "Saints on the brink" and "Save Our Saints" bollocks as if they were about to go out of existance, then three weeks later and they're spunking a million quid on one player.

Its makes me want to VOMIT. I wish they'd gone under, at least then it might focus some minds on clubs living within their MEANS instead of playing the system like this mob. Add Southampton to the lengthening list of cheating BASTARDS who have profited from going into adminstration...Leeds, Leicester, Cardiff etc.

Wankers.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Lambert's worth every penny in my view; a steal at that price.

Soton have paid their dues - 10pts deducted, relegation etc. The new owners have money, and they'd need to in order to cover the debts they've inherited! Nothing exists new owners spending money - we wouldn't have a new ground otherwise ???

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Couldn't agree more.
Not long ago it was all this "Saints on the brink" and "Save Our Saints" bollocks as if they were about to go out of existance, then three weeks later and they're spunking a million quid on one player.

Its makes me want to VOMIT. I wish they'd gone under, at least then it might focus some minds on clubs living within their MEANS instead of playing the system like this mob. Add Southampton to the lengthening list of cheating BASTARDS who have profited from going into adminstration...Leeds, Leicester, Cardiff etc.

Wankers.

But they were SAVED - the entire point of their campaign - or should all clubs who get into trouble actually go bust before wealthy benefactors are allowed to SAVE them? FFS, is anyone really pissed off that a club the size of Soton is actually going to be around now to compete against clubs like ours? Personally I'm looking forward to visiting a great club

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
But Portlock - the difference between us and many clubs is that we didn't go bust owing millions to our creditors and start trading debt free the next day, unlike clubs such as Leeds.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lambert's worth every penny in my view; a steal at that price.

Soton have paid their dues - 10pts deducted, relegation etc. The new owners have money, and they'd need to in order to cover the debts they've inherited! Nothing exists new owners spending money - we wouldn't have a new ground otherwise ???

How exactly did them getting relegated 'pay their dues'? Completely seperate.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
But Portlock - the difference between us and many clubs is that we didn't go bust owing millions to our creditors and start trading debt free the next day, unlike clubs such as Leeds.

There are many differences between us and just about any other club that's got into trouble since we lost the goldstone; that being the main difference.
Don't see any point in making comparisons in that respect.

The new owners at Soton have inherited sizeable debts and vastly reduced revenue. Add the points deduction to the equation and that's penalty enough in my mind. The new owners have money. The previous didn't. It's the luck of the draw in many respects, so get over it and show some compassion. Soton survived, as did we, and I for one remember plenty of them at Fans Utd. Such short memories.....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd like to see some kind of transfer embargo on clubs who've just come out of administration, a year or so would do it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are many differences between us and just about any other club that's got into trouble since we lost the goldstone; that being the main difference.
Don't see any point in making comparisons in that respect.

The new owners at Soton have inherited sizeable debts and vastly reduced revenue. Add the points deduction to the equation and that's penalty enough in my mind. The new owners have money. The previous didn't. It's the luck of the draw in many respects, so get over it and show some compassion. Soton survived, as did we, and I for one remember plenty of them at Fans Utd. Such short memories.....

As a long-standing creditor who has probably got a large amount of long-standing Bad Debt tied up to this lot, would you not be feeling a little bit macked-off at your debtor suddently splashing the cash around in the transfer market ?

Still, I suppose its just the way these things are done nowadays.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe one day. When they've finished chucking more money at players.

Who knows.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I was thinking the same, let them get loans and free's but not pay money, or maybe if there was a fee involved, cap it at say £50,000

It is a JOKE they can spend £1million when they have much more than that to pay off in debts.

It would be open to abuse though with teams loaning in a player and then saying you will get the money next season. Perhaps a team going into administration should have to work within 50% or 25% of their previous seasons budget.

Saints signing a player for a million does make a mockery of the whole system, it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth of teams who run their club accordingly and live within their means.

People saying they have paid their dues I would have to disagree if you were a creditor of the club and you still haven't received all monies owed it would make you sick seeing said club paying out a million quid on one player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here