Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Ricky Gervais.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Superb from Gervais. The Di Caprio joke was gold !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone trying to score right or left wing points from Gervais' speech are totally missing the point.

Load of Trump morons on Twitter now think he's one of them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Positively,

I find it interesting that Pie seems to have support across the political spectrum. I think he maybe the only person bringing people together.
Who would've thought people like the truth

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Positively,

I find it interesting that Pie seems to have support across the political spectrum. I think he maybe the only person bringing people together.

Increasingly it feels the left is splitting in two. I don't see a lot of the modern left as being truly "Liberal".

Ricky Gervais is a perfect example of an actual, classic Liberal. Yet many of the Americans on the right watching the Golden Globes would laugh at you for suggesting such, as the term Liberal has come to mean something completely different over there.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ricky Gervais is a perfect example of an actual, classic Liberal. Yet many of the Americans on the right watching the Golden Globes would laugh at you for suggesting such, as the term Liberal has come to mean something completely different over there.

It's the difference between "we can do anything we want" and "I can do anything I want" - a removal of empathy and co-operation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Increasingly it feels the left is splitting in two. I don't see a lot of the modern left as being truly "Liberal".

I think that both the left and right have done a great job of defining each by their extremes. My feeling was always that those in the middle have more in common with each other than they do with the extremes. Sadly politics seems to be pushing everyone out to the wings, hopefully we can remember that the middle is where shit can get done.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last edited:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

I think that both the left and right have done a great job of defining each by their extremes. My feeling was always that those in the middle have more in common with each other than they do with the extremes. Sadly politics seems to be pushing everyone out to the wings, hopefully we can remember that the middle is where shit can get done.

It makes you wonder with ‘woke culture’ how far to the left the left will go before many liberals will start describing themselves as ‘left centrists’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here