Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Re: Re: Ricky Gervais...

B.M.F said:
Could nto agree more mr Killer:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Ill 3rd that, cant stand the twattwattwat

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
That sketch rfeally was awful - and in such bad taste. Got me really angry, and switched it off not long after.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
That sketch rfeally was awful - and in such bad taste. Got me really angry, and switched it off not long after.

What was it?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I'm indifferent to him personally but his comedy is very good. That Comic Relief sketch was hilarious :)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

It wasn't the best taste, but if it makes anyone laugh enough to give some money, it's done its job to be honest. I can't imagine anyone will be so upset they'll withhold money from this Charity in protest...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Les Biehn said:
What was it?

They had it so it looked like he was out in Tanzania, and had a guy telling a heartbreaking story, and then the camera panned out to a green screen - with Gervais saying it was all about him plugging things. Also involved were Jamie Oliver, Bono, Andi Peters and Bob Geldof.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
DTES said:
It wasn't the best taste, but if it makes anyone laugh enough to give some money, it's done its job to be honest. I can't imagine anyone will be so upset they'll withhold money from this Charity in protest...

I did reconsider...

Ended up paying after Annie Lennox's bit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
They had it so it looked like he was out in Tanzania, and had a guy telling a heartbreaking story, and then the camera panned out to a green screen - with Gervais saying it was all about him plugging things. Also involved were Jamie Oliver, Bono, Andi Peters and Bob Geldof.

Blimey they fitted a lot of cunts in one room.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I had to turn over when I saw *sickening* footage of that grave-looking, malnourished girl in the ill-fitting rags.

Why the f*** is she presenting it anyway?

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I like her new advert on the tube, saying she's "tidying up her downstairs"...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wozza said:
I had to turn over when I saw *sickening* footage of that grave-looking, malnourished girl in the ill-fitting rags.

Why the f*** is she presenting it anyway?
:lolol:
Quality

Oct 25, 2003
look up "tongue in cheek" in some form of "sayings" dictionary and get some comedy skills

do none of you see the irony in his sketch?

yes, there is a serious message behind tonights proceedings, but the secondary motive is to make people laugh

that he did

well played ricky:clap:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
turienzo's lovechild said:
look up "tongue in cheek" in some form of "sayings" dictionary and get some comedy skills

do none of you see the irony in his sketch?

yes, there is a serious message behind tonights proceedings, but the secondary motive is to make people laugh

that he did

well played ricky:clap:

I agree. the irony was clever and causes people to sit up and listen.

Perhaps more people would find it funny it Gervais said 'Bov'erd' or 'I'm a lady' every 3-4 minutes

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ah, looks like I've got my first ever FIXTURES

Am I allowed to fixture myself or is that against the rules ?

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I paid up after seeing the bit where a small girl died from malaria on the way to hospital, all for the sake of an injection that just costs a few pence, though to be honest I was always going to make a contribution.

I have travelled to several parts of the World where there is malaria, only discovered recently that the mosquito transmits it from an infected person to a clean person after drinking the blood from the former. I had previously believed that the mosquito was the cause, rather than the transmitter, if only everyone could be injected against malaria then it could be pretty much eradicated as Polio has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here