Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rickie Lambert [Merged]

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
Rumoured to be available for around the £3.5m mark.

Proven at this level and would surely be worth the investment given that he has another 3 years left in him at this level..

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why would Saints sell him? Even if they do then surley he will go to a Prem club.

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
Why would Saints sell him? Even if they do then surley he will go to a Prem club.

Blackburn are testing them at the moment with an offer. They have quite a few strikers now and don;t think he is prem level.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would be all over that. Break the bank. Our current side + Lambert could easily mean promotion.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Guarantee Gus would break the bank if he became available - he was everything we wanted last season and this and the one player Gus admired most.
Heard a rumour at the beginning of the summer that Adkins might cash in on him while he can but not sure that would be the case now he has made an impact in the first couple of games in the Prem. It's a bit like Holt at Norwich. When they went up everyone was saying that he wouldn't be able to make it at the higher level but he was an absolute revelation once he got on off the bench. Lambert could well be the same.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Can't believe Southampton would sell. If they are to have any smidgen of hope staying up surely Lambert would be key...

Great buy if he did come availiable.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Can't see it happening myself. But Lambert is a quality player. I always think the ability to kick a ball very, very hard is underated. That is on top of being a very intelligent footballer who will both score and set up goals. He will have better options than us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lambert would get us promoted, I'm sure of that. And I'm sure if we could get him for £3.5 million Bloom would seriously consider it. Cant see it happening in a million years though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be in with a shout if he was given a piglets pantry pie to sample.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is this another one of those "rumours"?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus is a big fan and has been for a long time. Would be a great signing for us and the sort of cash Southampton have been throwing around, they just might be looking at people a little better than Lambert. Very interesting.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No. I don't care if I read this rumour from the most legit source, I'm not believing it.

They WON'T get rid of their PROVEN striker (Yes i know it's in the championship) just before a prem season.

That would be just STUPID. This rumour is STUPID.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No. I don't care if I read this rumour from the most legit source, I'm not believing it.

They WON'T get rid of their PROVEN striker (Yes i know it's in the championship) just before a prem season.

That would be just STUPID. This rumour is STUPID.

Not to mention he came on in the first game against the champions and changed the game

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He would be perfect for us but I can't see it happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here