Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richards - "We should be beating teams like Cheltenham"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Matt Richards in todays Argus:

"No disrespect to Cheltenham but we should be beating teams like that. "

Gaaah. The dreaded "no disrespect" remark from one of our OWN this time. HATE it when people come out with stuff like that - especially as we've got to play them again in a week. Every game against them has been tight this season. We needed a last minute equaliser in the cup there, and only went through by the odd goal in the replay and in the the JPT. Someone needs to tell Richards to shut the F up. We've got no devine right to turn over teams like Cheltenham - they're only FOUR POINTS behind us in the table ffs !! Christ, as if they didn't need enough motivation already. If I was the Cheltenham boss, that little quote from Richards would be pinned to the dressing room wall when they come down here next Tuesday.

Keep yer trap shut Richards, and concentrate on keeping the ball ON the pitch tonight for a change. Its not the frigging 6 Nations.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, no disrespect, they wanted it more and we got what we deserved...end of!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Matty darling, no disrespect, but if we should be beating teams like Cheltenham, then why aren't we just, well...beating them?

It is indeed very annoying to hear a Brighton player saying it; it's normally a term used in relation to England. And it's always, always a very silly and entirely counterproductive thing to come out with.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I also heard it numerous times from opposition managers and players when we were in the Championship. Usually after we'd just gone and won at places like Leicester and West Sham.

Jul 20, 2003
I also heard it numerous times from opposition managers and players when we were in the Championship. Usually after we'd just gone and won at places like Leicester and West Sham.

I seem to remember some of the managers that spouted such crap got sacked shortly afterwards.

Happy days :)

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
Erm, if we were top of the league and walking it then the form book would suggest we SHOULD be beating teams 'like that'. However we're pants, so really the formbook suggests we should be drawing with teams 'like that'.

Jul 20, 2003
no disrespect to my bird, but I really should be shagging something better looking than that

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree with him tho.

We should be beating teams like that although he shouldnt actually say it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cheltenham have been mostly gash this season and pre christmas we flirted with the Play offs so the quote would prob apply then, however they have gone from strength to strength while we've had our annual collapse ..... so the quote is now bollo ks

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If Team X "should really be beating" Team Y, but instead doesn't do so, doesn't that mean that Team X no longer should be beating Team Y, simply because they didn't? It's bollocks.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No disrespect, but I generally disrespect anyone who begins a sentence with 'No disrespect'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here