Richard keys

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]782134241236844544[/tweet]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting, this thread. Most people condemning the hairy old misogynist for his supposed actions, and rightly so.

But I see there's still a fair few posts along the lines of "But,then again, she is pretty hot, you can't blame him for going there".

A curious contrast to the Norman Cook/ Zoe Ball thread, I feel, where the comments pertaining to her (as the alleged unfaithful party) were all very much of a "What a slapper, how dare she [be attracted to a younger, more attractive man]?" nature.

Fascinating.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Interesting, this thread. Most people condemning the hairy old misogynist for his supposed actions, and rightly so.

But I see there's still a fair few posts along the lines of "But,then again, she is pretty hot, you can't blame him for going there".

A curious contrast to the Norman Cook/ Zoe Ball thread, I feel, where the comments pertaining to her (as the alleged unfaithful party) were all very much of a "What a slapper, how dare she [be attracted to a younger, more attractive man]?" nature.

Fascinating.

Very good point, I didnt offer a view of Zoe's infidelity, however if ever your husband is called Norman and not yet eighty, I am afraid it is inevitable that your wife will eventually leave you.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worth hearing his views on women one more time:

"Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love."

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Genuinely pissing myself laughing here, only you El Pres ! You remind me of Morris day. Sexual pervert in viz :lolol:

Spookily you're not the first person to compare me to Mr Day.

It's a superb (and sadly too infrequent) strip in Viz, and inevitably the final shot involves Morris's wife in her skimpies giving him the eye whilst he's too busy watching a stick vid on t'internet.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Worth hearing his views on women one more time:

"Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love."

I find myself saying 'darling' and 'sweetheart' which I admit is a bit naff, dont use 'love' seem a little bit condescending, I am not sure it paints too much of a picture of Richard Keys, if you want to hate someone better to find a more convincing argument.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I find myself saying 'darling' and 'sweetheart' which I admit is a bit naff, dont use 'love' seem a little bit condescending, I am not sure it paints too much of a picture of Richard Keys, if you want to hate someone better to find a more convincing argument.

I'm not making arguments for or against, I've just put up a quote that - when you read it back - you can hear him saying in your head clear as a bell as if it were 1996 all over again.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

Like this...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's so much to laugh at Richard Keys for. Such as this Partridge-esque tour of his Doha house, complete with personalised baseball cap.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Then there's always this reminder of Key's and Gray's consummate professionalism when live on air broadcasting and not a hint of sexism................

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst it's easy to take the moral high ground against Keys, he's done no worse than many of us have done in the past.

First and foremost having an affair is wrong, wrong, wrong. It's selfish, deceitful, destructive and causes untold pain and hurt to the innocent party.

At the time of it happening you'll self justify, pretend it's not serious, convince yourself that if the boot was on the other foot you'd cope with it and so on.

It's also very exciting, fills you will adrenaline, a spring in your step and a crease in your trousers.

You check your phone for messages every few minutes (it's a good idea to get a £10 Nokia with a new number just for this purpose....just in case things go tits up).

The sex tends to be off the scale, as its lust rather than Terry and June by the numbers bed squeaking that the marriage/long term relationship has turned into.

The other party to the affair, especially if they are slightly nuts and a lot younger, is likely to be uninhibited and will do things that make the wax pop out of your ears.

The danger is you ignore the warning signs of potential bunny boilerdom. Comments such as "I've told my sister that you were sent by God to make me happy" don't have you flying down the fire escape, mainly because when she says it she's wearing a rubber nurses outfit, no knickers and holding a can of squirty whipped cream in one hand, and something you can't quite define in the other but it buzzes and appears to take batteries.

It's still wrong, wrong wrong, and comes at a price that may seem worth paying in the short term, but you will regret as time goes by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's so much to laugh at Richard Keys for. Such as this Partridge-esque tour of his Doha house, complete with personalised baseball cap.]

His wife bought him a model of the Titanic, how ironic!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Whilst it's easy to take the moral high ground against Keys, he's done no worse than many of us have done in the past.

First and foremost having an affair is wrong, wrong, wrong. It's selfish, deceitful, destructive and causes untold pain and hurt to the innocent party.

At the time of it happening you'll self justify, pretend it's not serious, convince yourself that if the boot was on the other foot you'd cope with it and so on.

It's also very exciting, fills you will adrenaline, a spring in your step and a crease in your trousers.

You check your phone for messages every few minutes (it's a good idea to get a £10 Nokia with a new number just for this purpose....just in case things go tits up).

The sex tends to be off the scale, as its lust rather than Terry and June by the numbers bed squeaking that the marriage/long term relationship has turned into.

The other party to the affair, especially if they are slightly nuts and a lot younger, is likely to be uninhibited and will do things that make the wax pop out of your ears.

The danger is you ignore the warning signs of potential bunny boilerdom. Comments such as "I've told my sister that you were sent by God to make me happy" don't have you flying down the fire escape, mainly because when she says it she's wearing a rubber nurses outfit, no knickers and holding a can of squirty whipped cream in one hand, and something you can't quite define in the other but it buzzes and appears to take batteries.

It's still wrong, wrong wrong, and comes at a price that may seem worth paying in the short term, but you will regret as time goes by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Nokia advice . :cheers:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Like this...

Its a bit cringeworthy of course, but I am generally a decent enough bloke but I too as I am sure most of us do, say the most inappropriate things at times, I am sure Keys has his enemies that loathe him and some firm friends that think he is being unfairly represented, for me I am not too sure that I care and doubt whether he is as bad a bloke as some are saying.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I said as much on the Norman Cook/ Zoe Ball thread. That many of those condemning her have probably found themselves in the same position.

Me, I loathe Keys for his general slimy, 1970s sexist attitude to life, as evidenced by his conduct on SkySports, and denied by him as "just banter" often since. I can't say I think any less of him for what's gone on (apparently) now, as I couldn't really rate him any lower than I already did, the odious little toad.

If his wife was living in the UK, then it rather suggests all was not well anyway, and he's probably just given her the perfect excuse to make the separation official. But, as you say, let he who is without sin...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Spookily you're not the first person to compare me to Mr Day.

It's a superb (and sadly too infrequent) strip in Viz, and inevitably the final shot involves Morris's wife in her skimpies giving him the eye whilst he's too busy watching a stick vid on t'internet.

I can still remember a line from the said strip "ooh look there's a Dennis Potter play on TV tonight, it's a challenging new look at the whole issue of women's Exploitation by men................there's bound to be shagging in it " :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here