Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Keys in trouble again

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Mirror news tweet, a racist slur? Anyone seen it? Called a black player chocco.

Nice man

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I presume his name isn't Chocco?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That could be the shortest ever stint by a TalkSPORT presenter .... he doesn't start until Monday.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
His defence appears to be: It was off air, it was all a long time ago and some of my best friends are black.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
its all coming out now

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
His defence appears to be: It was off air, it was all a long time ago and some of my best friends are black.

Exactly what I thought; not the best defence.
I heard on the Football Ramble last year; one of the guys on there had heard Keys in action in a studio & described him as an extremely unlikeable man.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Exactly what I thought; not the best defence.
I heard on the Football Ramble last year; one of the guys on there had heard Keys in action in a studio & described him as an extremely unlikeable man.

Wow really? Somebody on the internet who has described someone as 'an extremely unlikeable man'. Christ on a bike.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton

In 20 years of broadcasting and thousands of hours of tape, you're going to get caught out saying stupid things the odd time.

Particularly if your co-pundit (Souness) sets it up with a comment like 'he looks like a Jock doesn't he?'.

Keys's response - 'Chocco Jocko'. Immature and pandering to his bigger names in the studio? Yes. Racist? No.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Wow really? Somebody on the internet who has described someone as 'an extremely unlikeable man'. Christ on a bike.

The Football Ramble is a podcast; he couldn't say exactly what he thought of Keys, but you got his drift with the way he said "extremely unlikeable". The guy in question had spent the day behind the scenes with the Sky Sports team at a live Prem game.
This was last year, long before all this scandal. I hope this clarifies for you.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In 20 years of broadcasting and thousands of hours of tape, you're going to get caught out saying stupid things the odd time.

Particularly if your co-pundit (Souness) sets it up with a comment like 'he looks like a Jock doesn't he?'.

Keys's response - 'Chocco Jocko'. Immature and pandering to his bigger names in the studio? Yes. Racist? No.

Yes there are obviously countless examples of "Did You Smash it ?" and "Chocco Jocko" waiting to finish the career of 100s of TV presenters.

This off air stuff has been diligently stockpiled. Broadcasters do not so as a matter of routine. Even if everything was stored, it wouldn't be transcripted and would take months to sift through.

What does that say to you ?

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
The Football Ramble is a podcast; he couldn't say exactly what he thought of Keys, but you got his drift with the way he said "extremely unlikeable". The guy in question had spent the day behind the scenes with the Sky Sports team at a live Prem game.
This was last year, long before all this scandal. I hope this clarifies for you.

Yes it does clarify it for me - still a completely nondescript incident. Thanks.

I have worked with loads of people over the years who I consider 'extremely unlikeable'. Sometimes they've made childish, ignorant, and even moronic comments.

??????.........

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes it does clarify it for me - still a completely nondescript incident. Thanks.

I have worked with loads of people over the years who I consider 'extremely unlikeable'. Sometimes they've made childish, ignorant, and even moronic comments.

??????.........

Were they television presenters ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here