Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Carpemter

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uncle Buck said:
Pressuming he is paid up from February until the end of June, that is roughly 24 weeks, so that comes in at around 4k a week. Possible, but I doubt it after relegation etc.

I would think that it is quite likely that he was on that kind of money.

It has often been banded about that senior players at the club are on £4 - £5k per week, true or not I dont know. I was told by somebody that he had been told by a top player that said player was on £5k but then if somebody asks do you admit you are on only £10k per year. No you up your wages to make it appear good.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
didn't Race already say it was no where near the figure that is being spouted about on here

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would imagine with a pay off as well they don't pay out the full remainder of the contract. If the player wants first team football then surely a settlement is reached.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
If the player wants to leave.

But I would imagine he did. I doubt the club would have paid up a full contract before it has finished unless the player has said they won't take the full amount.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Maybe,but i did get the feeling during that seagulls world interview he wasnt overjoyed with leaving.

Maybe not but if Wilkins had told him he wouldn't be in the first team again he would be both pissed off and looking for first team football. Therefore more likely to reach a settlement.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kinky Gerbils said:
Didnt hear that myself - I think any figure any of us come up with is mainly guess work.

In Downloaded Penguins case, it's not

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
BensGrandad said:
I would think that it is quite likely that he was on that kind of money.

It has often been banded about that senior players at the club are on £4 - £5k per week, true or not I dont know.

Many of the players dont even know what each of them earn and I can guarantee that unless anyone on here has actually heard directly from a player (or seen their contracts!) they have no idea clue about who earns what. It's all he said she said bullshit!! It was said on here years ago that Tank had a clause in his contract that made him the top paid player at all times, I mean where the hell does that gossip come from? Ridiculous!

Race said:
It was said on here years ago that Tank had a clause in his contract that made him the top paid player at all times, I mean where the hell does that gossip come from? Ridiculous!

I thought the clause was that the contract had made him the top paid player of all time?

Or perhaps I'm thinking of Joe Gatting!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here