Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revised Poll: Which year will Falmer OPEN?

Which year will Falmer OPEN?

• Total voters

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Please don't call me a fool. I chose 2010 becasue that was what we were being told. So, there has been a delay, not something I could have influenced, so whilst I am disapointed it has been delayed, I am more annoyed by some anonymous forum poster calling me a fool.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Withdean Wanderer dont be a **** all your life, Take a day off.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Please don't call me a fool. I chose 2010 becasue that was what we were being told. So, there has been a delay, not something I could have influenced, so whilst I am disapointed it has been delayed, I am more annoyed by some anonymous forum poster calling me a fool.

to be honest, these were pretty foolish things to post:

Question for the doom mongers on here, those who constantly see the glass being 2 thirds empty, the whingers and whiners.

If the stadium is open in 2010, will you all politely stay away till the year you predict it will open?

I would like to think that you would show some decency and stay clear of the place till your time is right. and for those that have said never, well, just don't ever come, go and watch something else on a Saturday, Croydon is quite close by train.

Idea? What Idea? I didn't suggest an idea, I asked a question. Then I gave my opinion. Didn't tell anyone to stay away.

If you are taking it that I am telling fans to stay away, then yes I am, and judging by the popularity of this poll, I am asking about 30 or 40 people to stay away. I reckon the club, and the fans will be able to cope with 30-40 empty seats. I'm sure when word gets around that certain moaners won't be there, the club will be able to fill those 40 or so seats quite easily. I for one wold be delighted to know that the tiny group of negative miserable individuals that populate this site and constantly moan about anything the club does, never attend the new stadium once it is complete. So yes, I am telling certain people to stay away. Thank you.

Edit, just realised, it's about 10 -15 people, crikey, DK must be shitting himeself about 15 empty seats.

it was obvious to nearly everybody that to build a brand new stadium in 18 months, given all the troubles we have had was ALWAYS going to be a tall order. if the club had of said 2011 in the first place, i reckon EVERY albion fan would agree that it was a good target, and if they had it done earlier than then it would have been even more commendable

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not sure why they were foolish things to say, well perhaps a little. They were written in the heat of the moment at a time when the levels of negativity on here were really getting me down. There really are some people on here who astonish me with their attitude towards the club and the way it is trying, under difficult circumnstances, to operate.

It might have been obvious that it was a tall order, but it wasn't out of the question at the time. There have now been a number of factors that have caused the delay, which is immensely disapointing, but I'll get over it. I just don't get the constant negativity to pretty much everything spouted by a few posters on here.

There are some interesting names on the list of people who voted "NEVER" first time round.

Barry Izbak, blue'n'white, British Bulldog, cannedheat, cjd, Dave the Gaffer, Dean Dean, Flavor Flav, Harty, Lord Large, NSC Fantasy Bookie 08/09, Pat_Albion, perseus, Richie Morris, Superseagull, The Orange Seagull, Tom Hark, Preston Park, Trigger, vulture, zoom

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are some interesting names on the list of people who voted "NEVER" first time round.

Barry Izbak, blue'n'white, British Bulldog, cannedheat, cjd, Dave the Gaffer, Dean Dean, Flavor Flav, Harty, Lord Large, NSC Fantasy Bookie 08/09, Pat_Albion, perseus, Richie Morris, Superseagull, The Orange Seagull, Tom Hark, Preston Park, Trigger, vulture, zoom

I've revised my estimate since then. To 2015.

Tho I'll revise it back again if there's any bullshit about when the building work starts.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive gone for 2012, but reading the club statement today, they say that it is going t be completed in the december before we start playing in it, so that gives a few months to over-run so i could be proved wrong.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

To be fair Ed that was the same night I voted for you in the 'Guess which NSC'er has been caught putting pound coins into a Polish bird's drawers in Central Brighton', poll, so my mind clearly wasn't right:laugh:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I chose 2011, and stick by it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here