Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revised player ratings for Sunday

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Finally seen the highlights. Should be lowlights, except for KLL's goal.

Seeing it a second time and getting a close-up on what was happening at the Kop end in the 2nd half I have to revise some of my ratings:

Brez -1. He takes some blame for more goals than I had realised.
Calderon -2. As the commentator said on a couple of occasions "he's not a defender"!
Dunk +1 because he had less chance to prevent the og than I had appreciated, but -1 for letting Carroll get above him to lay on the last goal.
Navarro -1 for that truly awful attempt to head the ball that lead to (I think) Bridcutt's 2nd og.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's not over until I've averaged them out!

And then someone else has decided to add their ratings making me have to recalibrate them.
Brezovan - 0
Calderon - 3
Dunk - 3
Greer - 6
El-Abd -5
Buckley - 5
Bridcutt - 5
Navarro - 2
LuaLua - 8
Barnes- 6
Vokes - 3

Noone - 4
Vicente - 5
CMS no rating because I'm not sure he touched the ball

:)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Dunk +1 because he had less chance to prevent the og than I had appreciated...

He had time for two touches, and would have had a third if the second wasn't so laughably clumsy. How many more should he need to stick it into row Z ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brezovan - 0
Calderon - 3
Dunk - 3
Greer - 6
El-Abd -5
Buckley - 5
Bridcutt - 5
Navarro - 2
LuaLua - 8
Barnes- 6
Vokes - 3

Noone - 4
Vicente - 5
CMS no rating because I'm not sure he touched the ball

:)

It's like you knew I was averaging them out at the time.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's not over until I've averaged them out!

And then someone else has decided to add their ratings making me have to recalibrate them.
Oh you love it really. Be honest, someone updating their stats a couple of days later, has made you go all moist in the gentlemens trouser area :lol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He had time for two touches, and would have had a third if the second wasn't so laughably clumsy. How many more should he need to stick it into row Z ?

This. He had plenty of time but chose to be a bit flash. Nothing Bridcutt could do for his pair though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In someways I take heart that nearly all the goals were preventable

Goal 1 - A defender on the post may have stopped it and also there were 4 defenders within touching distance of the scorer. Gus doesn't seem to like defenders on posts (Millwalls first could have been cleared as well)
Goal 2 - A poor punch and a poor goalline clearance header
Goal 3 - Good move and a good finish
Goal 4 - Two good chances to clear before Gerrard got the ball
Goal 5 - A little unlucky that Brez got the touch to initially put Duck off, but he should have cleared with his second touch not try and take a second touch
Goal 6 - Misplaced header by donkey, came off the side of his head so wasn't a "pass" on another day that would have gone wide

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
In someways I take heart that nearly all the goals were preventable

Goal 1 - A defender on the post may have stopped it and also there were 4 defenders within touching distance of the scorer. Gus doesn't seem to like defenders on posts (Millwalls first could have been cleared as well)
Goal 2 - A poor punch and a poor goalline clearance header
Goal 3 - Good move and a good finish
Goal 4 - Two good chances to clear before Gerrard got the ball
Goal 5 - A little unlucky that Brez got the touch to initially put Duck off, but he should have cleared with his second touch not try and take a second touch
Goal 6 - Misplaced header by donkey, came off the side of his head so wasn't a "pass" on another day that would have gone wide

Goal 1 - Barnes flat footed & too slow allowing Skertel to get to ball first.
Goal 3 - defender went to ground which allowed Downing plenty of time to pick out Caroll so no it wasn't a good move but another defensive cock-up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here