Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And this advert is for???

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 11.41.44.png

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why not just read the thread down to the point where you have the Quick Navigation 'Th Big Thread' button, and click on that? No need to go any further down to view the Object Object clickbait shite.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In the interest of research I tried a couple of them. They link to totally fictitious spam advertisements, eg, Graham Norton telling us how he made a fortune with Bitcoin, or Dragons Den signing up a guy who inverted a pill for erectile disfunction or some diet supplement that a celebrity endorses, all absolute rubbish clickbait and totally dishonest.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Like Superphil, I looked at a couple. The vulva lookalike turns out to be an American ad for a "cure" for enlarged prostate without surgery. Wish I'd known about that some years ago.

As to "Partridge in a pear tree", there is a school of thought that believes the original wording was "partridge is a perdrix", that being the French word for partridge and pronounced pear dree.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I notice that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] hasn't replied to this thread yet. Too busy counting his pay-per-click ad revenue, I'll warrant. Those Gold Ferraris don't pay for themselves.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Like Superphil, I looked at a couple. The vulva lookalike turns out to be an American ad for a "cure" for enlarged prostate without surgery. Wish I'd known about that some years ago.

As to "Partridge in a pear tree", there is a school of thought that believes the original wording was "partridge is a perdrix", that being the French word for partridge and pronounced pear dree.

"And a partridge is a partridge"......makes even less sense.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Why not just read the thread down to the point where you have the Quick Navigation 'Th Big Thread' button, and click on that? No need to go any further down to view the Object Object clickbait shite.

I only saw them after reading this thread.
But that's the answer for now :)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Surely it's a little like people who complain about radio and/or TV programmes. The easiest way is to hit the off button, which I do regularly. So if you don't want to see the ads just click onto the next page or something else. Us rocket engineers have no problem with that....

Precisely. They are at the bottom of the page. You don’t even need to go down that far.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Now they are taking the proverbial. If you are going to use a picture of mine without my permission, at least have the courtesy to NOT photoshop my penis out of it.

1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here