Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Returning Away Tickets

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Annoying, I’d bite your hand off for that ticket!!
Indeed (and to repeat a story I’ve told 100 times on here) my son got a ticket for Ajax away on the morning of the match, he was over the moon to say the least. A ticket was returned and subsequently resold, he’s proof they did it for the Euro matches. Not sure why the league is so different

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The club are capable of working something out, they did for the European away games.

There is obviously not the same desire from the club to maximise PL away support.
Absolutely - I broke my wrist on the way out of the Wolves FA Cup game last season (tripped over a kerb!!). Anyway, this meant I couldn't go to Roma Away. I rang up the club, and they cancelled my ticket and sold it to someone else. It was very easy.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Last season we had Villa tickets but couldn’t go due to the train strike. Supporter Services told me exactly what they’ve just told you.

Returns may have been possible in the deep and distant past with paper tickets and no names on but I can’t see how they would do it now.
Ticket exchange works ok for home season tickets and they are electronic I think the main issue is the club aren't interested (I guess there are only a handful of issues each game ) rather than the solution is impossible.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given that the Arsenal away digital tickets have yet to be sent to those that purchased them, it would seem strange that the club can't do anything.

I would have thought fairly simple, cancel the transaction, put up for sale again, then issue digital ticket to the person who has purchased the resale ticket, when all tickets are sent a few days before the game.

Computer says No, is probably why.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Maybe they could follow some airlines policy of overbooking seats and then on the day if more people turn up than the number of seats available then those who miss out can be offered a seat at the next away game as replacement.

If some people don’t turn up then there is no problem and all seats will still be full thanks to the glorious overbooking policy.

If that was implemented I can’t see how it would be anything other than a total and complete success.

Revenue opportunity missed for PBOBE by not having this plan in place already.
WTAF?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely - I broke my wrist on the way out of the Wolves FA Cup game last season (tripped over a kerb!!). Anyway, this meant I couldn't go to Roma Away. I rang up the club, and they cancelled my ticket and sold it to someone else. It was very easy.
Quite right too.
Drunken away fans MUST be discouraged.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The club are capable of working something out, they did for the European away games.

There is obviously not the same desire from the club to maximise PL away support.
Were loyalty points awarded to those who got tickets to the European aways last season? (I genuinely don't know).

I wonder if the club's seeming reluctance to introduce a system to enable the return of (domestic) away tickets is somehow founded in the fear that it might encourage more individuals to attempt to purchase those tickets even for games they know they can't make, safe in the knowledge that they could return them at the eleventh hour (and never having the intention/ability to attend)?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Were loyalty points awarded to those who got tickets to the European aways last season? (I genuinely don't know).

I wonder if the club's seeming reluctance to introduce a system to enable the return of (domestic) away tickets is somehow founded in the fear that it might encourage more individuals to attempt to purchase those tickets even for games they know they can't make, safe in the knowledge that they could return them at the eleventh hour (and never having the intention/ability to attend)?

There were no refunds for the returned tickets for the European games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here