Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Megadrive

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still got my Saturn in tip top working condition. Panzer Dragoon, Virtua Cop (with that big chunky blue light gun) and Command and Conquer are all still very enjoyable.

Panzer Dragoon (Saga, think it was) I absolutely LOVED. And NiGHTS. Just such original games, so lovingly executed. Virtua Fighter 2. Ahhh.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On my vote for the SNES I seem to have brought it back to 50/50. This is a tight one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if it's time that does this, but everyone seems to be able to agree pretty much that BOTH the Megadrive and SNES were EXCELLENT consoles.

Why isn't it the same with Xbox360 and PS3?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
1143647755-00.jpg

Was on both platforms, but I thought I'd give it a big shout out on here while we're at it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another classic footie game, Striker (SNES):
striker-screenshot-008.png

There was an INDOOR FOOTBALL MODE, where you could BOUNCE IT OFF THE WALLS. SO good.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was a Megadrive kid. Joe Montana American Football was brilliant!!

Mastersystem---Megadrive---PS1 + N64---Sega Dreamcast---PS2---PS2 Slim---PS3 Slim + Wii.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Talking of early 90s gaming, I came across this the other week:

[yt]GkT6NNm6mP8[/yt]

It was a must watch when I was a kid. Andy Crane (remember him on every kid's TV show for a while) and Violet Berlin talking about the latest "cutting edge" games. Apparently the 3DO was going to revolutionise gaming, if only it wasn't 2 years too early costing about £600.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Went almost exactly the same route as you, although also kept some loyalty to Nintendo, buying the N64 and GameCube along the way, along with the cult console that is the Sega Saturn (some BRILLIANT games on there, genuinely).

Yeah I had a Saturn, I saved up months of paper round money to get that. Worldwide soccer was an AMAZING football game, so addictive. Also had Euro 96, which was one of the first games to have commentary.

Also it brought arcade games like Daytona and virtua fighter to the living room.

Does anyone remember the Mega CD? You had to get it on Japanese import. My mates' older brother had one, the games were shit :lolol:

91_Sega_Mega-CD_MK1.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I had both but StreetFighter 2 and Mario kart pushes the SNES ahead. As someone else mentioned, the Ghost castle track was gaming heaven :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Megadrive all the way. Oh happy days.

My console history has been megadrive -> PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3 (with a Wii being added to the mix soon)
Snap, only we've had our wii for yonks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the Megadrive I was all about:-

Sonic (Then 1st level UNDER 30 secs)
PGA, The 17th hole at Sawgrass.
Madden.
and a driving game, I can't remember.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Megadrive for sure, Streets of Rage, man.

Amiga 500 > Megadrive > PS1 > PS2 > PC (when online shooters became popular).

Had a 360 for a while, and then a PS3 but sold both for different reasons mostly now that I live in a shared flat with two people who don't care for video games so I just play them on my quite high spec laptop.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thread fails as the correct answer is AMIGA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here