Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Megadrive

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
On the back of the xbox v playstation thread, those of us around in the 90s will remember the last big battle of the consoles. Sega vs Nintendo. Megadrive vs SNES. Sonic vs Mario.

Which one were you?

Personally I was loyal to SEGA. Made the logical step from Mastersystem to the megadrive. Also had a gamegear which was vastly superior to that piece of shit gameboy.

Sonic pissed all over Mario. Streetfighter was better on the Maegadrive, much cleaner graphics. All of the xxxstrike games were better on Megadrive.

SNES had donkey kong country and Mario Kart, but that was about it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I went from master system, to snes, to a ps, then ps2 now xbox360,

Gaming has changed an awful lot, just getting back into it and its actually bloody hard now. Too many buttons as far as I'm concerned!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 18477

megadrive for me. it was my first console. got it when i was a kid for xmas. still remember the day me and the bro unwrapped it. great memories!

p.s. i did enjoy the nintendo a lot as well. never owned one but played it round friends a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
SNES, my brother had a megadrive, so there was no point getting one cause I could just use his, so I got a snes. Well, it started with master systems and nes, but he stayed with sega, I stayed with nintendo.

That continued with friends going sony for playstation while I was on n64, they went ps2, and now 3, I went xbox and xbox 360.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Megadrive for me , Sonic , Streets of Rage , NHLPA Hockey , World Cup USA '94

simpler times :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Megadrive all the way. Oh happy days.

My console history has been megadrive -> PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3 (with a Wii being added to the mix soon)

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Surely everyone who had a megadrive had, at some point, World Cup Italia '90? Usually as a compilation with Columns and Super Hang On...

Fifa 12 is all well and good but it needs a PFFFT sound for slide tackles

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I was a Nintendo boy, NES, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Gameboy and GBA. Game Cube by far the least played of the lot

D

Deleted member 18477

Surely everyone who had a megadrive had, at some point, World Cup Italia '90? Usually as a compilation with Columns and Super Hang On...

Fifa 12 is all well and good but it needs a PFFFT sound for slide tackles

fifa 1998 was unreal. you could slide tackle the keepers whilst they were kicking it and score if you timed it right... and if you didnt you saw red lol! plus the indoor 5 a side stadium! FIFA 12 needs improving!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Yeah had that. Was that the one that shouted GOAL in a really wierd foreign voice when you scored? Think it was, that used to cause fist fights between me and my brother :lolol:

Pre-FIFA international soccer, I was always a fan of European club soccer.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Megadrive.

If anybody played Ecco The Dolphin, that was without doubt IMO the hardest game to complete. Being a mammal, he had to keep coming up for air to stop him dying and find food regularly. Then there were all sorts of nasty surprises lurking in the ocean; unfriendly whales, killer sharks, poisonous jellyfish etc. It took me months to finish it.

Road Rage 1 and 2 were f***ing brilliant for the violence. Also liked Walt Disney's Quackshot with Donald Duck and World Of Illusion. Stunning visuals.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Megadrive.

If anybody played Ecco The Dolphin, that was without doubt IMO the hardest game to complete. Being a mammal, he had to keep coming up for air to stop him dying and find food regularly. Then there were all sorts of nasty surprises lurking in the ocean; unfriendly whales, killer sharks, poisonous jellyfish etc. It took me months to finish it.

Road Rage 1 and 2 were f***ing brilliant for the violence. Also liked Walt Disney's Quackshot with Donald Duck and World Of Illusion. Stunning visuals.

YES. Great game.

Also, had Ecco 2: The Tides of Time and I don't think I ever came close to finishing it. Not sure I really knew what was going on either. The music was pretty good though, I know that much

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
used to buy and sell and love both.......hellfire and sonic on the megadrive, and zelda: link to the past and mario kart on the snes are the guvnors.

ghosts and ghouls on the SNES was impossible - had to go round the whole game twice and then still impossible to beat the boss.

i have a snes emulator and only a few years ago rinsed "secret of mana" slowly over a year - the RPGs on the SNES were amazing, and therefore the SNES wins this head to head for me.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I had a SNES and my mate had a MegaDrive. Street Fighter 2 was a *lot* better on the SNES - the sounds were so muddy on the MD.

I now however, have both.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I went from master system, to snes, to a ps, then ps2 now xbox360,

Gaming has changed an awful lot, just getting back into it and its actually bloody hard now. Too many buttons as far as I'm concerned!!!!!!!!!!

Went almost exactly the same route as you, although also kept some loyalty to Nintendo, buying the N64 and GameCube along the way, along with the cult console that is the Sega Saturn (some BRILLIANT games on there, genuinely).

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Anyone who hasn't played and completed Super Mario World on the SNES shouldn't be allowed to play videogames.

Platforming perfection.

Also, did anyone else ever own one of these? Or even hear of it?

3do2c.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here