Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Retirement

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good to see we’ve moved back to “look at me I’m booking holiday“ rather than look at my investments on this thread :smile:
They plummeted last week when they thought the Americans were going into recession, but have recovered nicely to not be too far away from the amounts post mini crash

my premium bonds (only 10k) can effing well do one now and we are spending them on two holidays and nice new mizuno wedges ( well 2 anyway 52 and 56 degree)

I have all mine under one investment company who spread the risk over 20 different companies and it does very nicely. Just got to work out how best to drawdown that is tax efficient as I get my state pension in 2 months time. Woooooohooooo.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
They plummeted last week when they thought the Americans were going into recession, but have recovered nicely to not be too far away from the amounts post mini crash

my premium bonds (only 10k) can effing well do one now and we are spending them on two holidays and nice new mizuno wedges ( well 2 anyway 52 and 56 degree)

I have all mine under one investment company who spread the risk over 20 different companies and it does very nicely. Just got to work out how best to drawdown that is tax efficient as I get my state pension in 2 months time. Woooooohooooo.
I am with Aviva and they are spread very thinly across numerous companies, all low risk because I am OLD. Doing OK too

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am with Aviva and they are spread very thinly across numerous companies, all low risk because I am OLD. Doing OK too
Ours are medium to low risk and it’s averaging about 6.6% annualised return.

the trick is to know when you start drawing on it significantly not knowing how long you are going to live and at what point in your life you won’t want to do big holidays anymore. Not that we can do the far east holidays yet as we stall have an aging parent to look after

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Now I’ve hopefully got my finances sorted, I thought what the f am I going to with my time (Mrs D7 does not agree playing FM24 into the 23rd century as my sole hobby!). So I’ve made myself a bucket list of places to go, things to do, achievements to make and I’ve ended up with 175 items so far. I’ve now realised I’ll have to cost it up and that will probably add another 5 years to my retirement age, so maybe another degree at £27k+ and a cruise to Antarctica at £10k/head are off the list

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well Warren Buffett has predicted a sell-off and has liquidated a ton of stuff…….

All’s well in the markets again. Anyone here … have your IFA’s or managers very recently sold, following Buffett’s lead?

IMG_2563.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What apps do people use to keep track of their portfolios when on holiday ? :smile:
ADVFN ….the non sub version….they have a BB as well …Westie is on it with the handle Richgit 😉

I use it to monitor my portfolio and ‘watchlist’ on a daily basis …it’s good to check how many pennies I might have made or lost on ‘paper’

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
NSC’ers …. any recommendations of a good IFA please. I’ve a London based friend approaching state retirement age, with a very healthy sum in a managed money purchase.pension pot. They lack confidence all on such matters, they need guidance on what to do next. Ideally to pay for advice and ongoing management, but not heavily hit by wealth management, platform and fund charges.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Scooters etc.?
I seem to recall you were rather keen on Ford Cortinas too! Have you still got any?👍

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
NSC’ers …. any recommendations of a good IFA please. I’ve a London based friend approaching state retirement age, with a very healthy sum in a managed money purchase.pension pot. They lack confidence all on such matters, they need guidance on what to do next. Ideally to pay for advice and ongoing management, but not heavily hit by wealth management, platform and fund charges.
Try Josh Butten at Boosst. Advisers of the Year many times over and always fantastic advice. Wish we'd found them years ago:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here