Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Results against 5 teams below us

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Brilliant season with some great memorioes.

Apart from the posh, results against the 5 sides below us {the better sides in the league} haven't been that great. Discuss.................

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Withiut making excuses..We came up against huddersfield and southampton when we were on a slight bad run or had already been promoted and apart from the first half at st marys i wouldnt of said we deserved to lose or draw and bmouth at home we were robbed

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Having watched our stunning team all season, I feel pretty confident, had there been anything left to play for in the last 2 home games, we would have got between 4 & 6 points from those 2 games.

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would you rather we beat more of the teams near the top and lost to the rubbish ones at the bottom of the league?

Having watched out stunning team all season, I feel pretty confident, had there been anything left to play for in the last 2 home games, we would have got between 4 & 6 points from those 2 games.

Agree with this, the Saints game at Withdean was poor, but we deserved to beat Huddersfield. If we still needed points in both those games I would have expected us to have at least drawn with Saints and comfortably got the 3 points against Huddersfield

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't there is too much to worry about. I would hope for a 3 point average i.e. 15 points out of a possible 30 points.

Bournemouth - 1
MK Dons - 3
Huddersfield - 0
Southampton - 1
Peterborough - 6

We were unlucky not to take all the points at Withdean vs Bournemouth and the two fixtures against Huddersfield and Southampton, after we had clinched the title, were a different kettle of fish.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Withiut making excuses..We came up against huddersfield and southampton when we were on a slight bad run or had already been promoted and apart from the first half at st marys i wouldnt of said we deserved to lose or draw and bmouth at home we were robbed

We weren't on a bad run - but we did shoot our bolt staying six months at the top of the league and securing the championship. Last 4 games were irrelevant despite the rallying cry of 100 points - the intensity was gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here