Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Resubmission of the Marina Tower

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not forgetting....

Dear Argus

I lived in Brighton from June 1931 to August 1932. During this time, I had the good fortune to become friends with a splendid chap named Arthur. He had brown hair.

Sadly we lost touch when I was sent to Australia with several other convicts. I wonder if any Argus readers know of Arthur, or would be able to tell me where he might be? He would be about 80 now. I do not know if he still has brown hair.

Yours

P.Huntingdon-Smythe
Cheltenham

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Looks like a great development to me.

That and the proposed new arena at Black Rock would be great assets to the city.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not to forget...

Dear Editor,

I wish Brighton and Hove Council would reconsider their decision to blight the city with wheelie bins. We have a beautiful city and the architects of the golden age will be turning in their graves, as we turn into a city covered in these monstrous green plastic anomolies.

Yours faithfully,

Richard Head.
Tongdean Rise.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Not to forget...

Dear Editor,

I wish Brighton and Hove Council would reconsider their decision to blight the city with wheelie bins. We have a beautiful city and the architects of the golden age will be turning in their graves, as we turn into a city covered in these monstrous green plastic anomolies.

Yours faithfully,

Richard Head.
Tongdean Rise.

"wheelie bins are ok for poor people, as they have to have somewhere to store their empty Sunny Delight cartons and Cheese String wrappers, and they all live in ugly areas anyway, but I feel strongly that in more salubrious districts such as Westdene, the refuse collectors should be forced to hike up 50 steps to our garages so that we do not have to spoil the look of our neighbourhood for two hours a week with large green receptacles"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
edna krabappel said:
"wheelie bins are ok for poor people, as they have to have somewhere to store their empty Sunny Delight cartons and Cheese String wrappers, and they all live in ugly areas anyway, but I feel strongly that in more salubrious districts such as Westdene, the refuse collectors should be forced to hike up 50 steps to our garages so that we do not have to spoil the look of our neighbourhood for two hours a week with large green receptacles"

:lolol: So true! I am sure you must create the letters page everyday, Edna!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
:lolol: So true! I am sure you must create the letters page everyday, Edna!

No, but I do like to read it each day, if only to feel good about myself and my life compared to some of the goons who write in

:lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Pick one answer:
1) The people that write letters to local newspapers are just dull, old and full of shit.
2) The people that write letters to local newspapers come across as being dull, old and full of shit, partly because they can't write very well, partly because their letters get badly chopped down by editors, which makes the writers look like simpletons.
Which is it? There's got to be more than a hint of 2) about it as well, to be fair.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dear editor

A streetlight in my road has been slightly dim for THREE days now. How typical of Brighton & Hove City Council to neglect its residents in such a heartless way. I and countless others pay our taxes faithfully, and for what? Such blatant negligence can only serve to increase the likelihood of serious crime being committed all the time the light remains a fraction below its usual standard of brightness. But I don't suppose the police will care anyway, they're too busy issuing speeding tickets. Moan moan moan, whinge, whine, mither

Yours

IP Freely
Patcham Village

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Man of Harveys said:
Pick one answer:
1) The people that write letters to local newspapers are just dull, old and full of shit.
2) The people that write letters to local newspapers come across as being dull, old and full of shit, partly because they can't write very well, partly because their letters get badly chopped down by editors, which makes the writers look like simpletons.
Which is it? There's got to be more than a hint of 2) about it as well, to be fair.

:down:

I have written a few to the Argus.

http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2006/2/13/207913.html

http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2006/1/25/207305.html

http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2005/11/9/204961.html

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
those are bloomin funny Edna .................
Indeed. I've got to say Edna I love your posts. If I was single, 20 years younger and considerably better-looking I'd ask you to marry me, I do like an erudite woman with a sense of humor.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dick Knights Mum
those are bloomin funny Edna .................

Brovian said:
Indeed. I've got to say Edna I love your posts. If I was single, 20 years younger and considerably better-looking I'd ask you to marry me, I do like an erudite woman with a sense of humor.

Woof, just look at these two giving it smooth...honestly, it's like "The Girl Is Mine" in here...."I think I told you Brovian, I'm a lover not a fighter".

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Cooeeee! Edna! Over here!"

*waves box of chocolates and bottle of reasonably-priced wine*

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Cartoon%20Characters%203.jpg
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports