Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restricted views at the Amex

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I was worried about this issue as I am near a stairwell in the family stand. I was particularly concerned for my two young sons. As it was I needn't have worried as our row is two rows up from the sign/bars. However I am sure if a small child sat in the seat immediately to the side if one of these, that the view would be restricted.

Thanks, a little less worried about this now. Holding off going to the ground until the 6th I haven't been able to see if this will be a problem or not. My concern was also for my 2 young children, but I think we should be OK as we are (I think) 3 or 4 rows back from the sign.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks, a little less worried about this now. Holding off going to the ground until the 6th I haven't been able to see if this will be a problem or not. My concern was also for my 2 young children, but I think we should be OK as we are (I think) 3 or 4 rows back from the sign.

You will be absolutely fine at that height, of that I am sure. Try to relax and look forward to your first experience of the Amex, it's pretty wonderful!

I suspect he's talking about these seats and the direction boards, I'm a little concerned as my seats are near one of these exits. We shall see come the 6th, I'll be a wee bit annoyed if there is a problem.View attachment 26727

That is exactly where my seat is in WSU, when i booked the seat i thought i was being clever, you know, easy access to bar at half time.

Looks like i may not have been too clever.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That is exactly where my seat is in WSU, when i booked the seat i thought i was being clever, you know, easy access to bar at half time.

Looks like i may not have been too clever.

I think you'll be fine. As I said before, only a child would suffer with those boards. I believe your stand is more steep than the east and this potential problem would therefore be lessened somewhat in the light of that.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
In second row of west stand upper and by exit point. There is a bar which does restrict the view slightly in the far corner of the pitch.

Guesing the bar is to prevent people from falling into the 1901 section and to instant death should they miss judge the speed at which they might possibly run down the steps from the entrance. Crazy!

I think you'll be fine. As I said before, only a child would suffer with those boards. I believe your stand is more steep than the east and this potential problem would therefore be lessened somewhat in the light of that.

I do hope you're right, I convinced my son in law that they were the best seats, he wanted to go further up.:blush:

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Can someone ask Mr Perry if he's had time yet, to sit in every seat and check the view?

Ah my facetious little helicopter / Indian / Web Server, he doesn't need to.

Perfect View.jpg

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/staticFiles/a6/64/0,,10433~156838,00.pdf

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
all the metal bars with signs on are getting change also on my north stand open day i asked about as my little brother is right by one and they said can you see someone take a corner and he couldnt and he said thats why they are getting changed

Souds a bit like the view from the press box at Stamford Bridge. You can't see either of the corner flags on the near touchline. Mind you, press get tickets for free, so ...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thinking about it, I'm right next to one of the stairwells in WSU and i get the feeling that with all the people trying to get to the bars early at half time it may become an issue.

You think that's an issue? Just wait til they start PILING out for the trains about half four :lol:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I am right next to the press tunnel I think in WSL. Whilst the benefits of being able to applaud Mr Naylor to his seat and back are obvious will the concrete obstruct the view of me or my 4 year old?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
all the metal bars with signs on are getting change also on my north stand open day i asked about as my little brother is right by one and they said can you see someone take a corner and he couldnt and he said thats why they are getting changed

That's a pretty damn good service. Full marks to the club for this.

Also goes to show why Naylor is such a dick, the club seem to want complaints so they can improve things and get the stadium as damn near perfect as they can.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I suspect he's talking about these seats and the direction boards, I'm a little concerned as my seats are near one of these exits. We shall see come the 6th, I'll be a wee bit annoyed if there is a problem.View attachment 26727

I was sat in the WSU in the equivalent of the seat at the top of the circle in the photo for the EB game last Saturday....No viewing problems !!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Souds a bit like the view from the press box at Stamford Bridge. You can't see either of the corner flags on the near touchline. Mind you, press get tickets for free, so ...

Probably a stupid question, but why do the press get free tickets, in fact I know its a stupid question. Perhaps across the leagues the media should contribute some kind of donation for their attendance to help with football community projects, especially (god I don't know which word to use here) for our disabled fans. They are making money from the game, hence one good reason to return the compliment. I fancy I may know the answer already, they have free entry, free comms links, free food et al. They're probably paying already to the clubs.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Probably a stupid question, but why do the press get free tickets, in fact I know its a stupid question. Perhaps across the leagues the media should contribute some kind of donation for their attendance to help with football community projects, especially (god I don't know which word to use here) for our disabled fans. They are making money from the game, hence one good reason to return the compliment. I fancy I may know the answer already, they have free entry, free comms links, free food et al. They're probably paying already to the clubs.

They're also providing a lot of free publicity which would cost a fortune for the club to buy... And broadcasters pump millions in obviously.

robindurant

Robin
May 20, 2010
Sussex
Ropey9 don't worry. At the Sussex final I tried those seats behind the boarding as I originally thought that I was possibly seated there and found the view ok. You can see over the boards. I found mine just in front. The original plan did not show these obstructions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here