Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurants in Salford Quays

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
The Stresa is a client proof Italian. The Lowry is an individuals choice...very decent, traditional with riverside views in a location of interest and culture.

Unfortunately Salford makes me want to vomit, I can't stand the place.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not much there to be honest. If you want a chain there are the likes of Lime, Bellamy Italia o Pizza Express next to the Lowry, or in the Lowry itself they do reasonable food but the menu is relatively narrow.

It is Salford!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beesley Street by John Cooper Clarke accurately sums up the place.

It is funny listening to Radio Five Live presenters whine about working there though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We had a meal in The Lowry - not too bad and a good view. Wouldn't rate it as anything special but certainly okay for entertaining a client I would have thought. Sadly, I don't think they do Michelin starts in Salford.
Can't recall seeing much choice tbf - an Italian, a Chinese and a Beefeater? Not even a Nandos :)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was there recently. They've done their best to make the area look special, and to be fair the Lowry, Imperial War Museum and Media City are all impressive buildings. Old Trafford gleams in the distance and some of the old warehouses have been made to look good.

But there really is no "buzz" at all. It happens at a lot of waterfront developments - planners try to make them come alive but the fact remains that nobody is naturally passing through, and there is no real life going on - just tourists taking pictures, people heading for the warehouse outlet, etc etc.

I quite liked the place, for what it's worth, but it feels very disconnected somehow.

robcorrall

Feb 27, 2009
Head to Castlefield, not far in a cab and lots of good places to eat there. Knot bar does good pub food. Go Albert's shed if you want something posher.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Some good places in Manc several years ago. Never been to Salford Quays since it was a working port but dockside redevs always seem to be dominated by chains. Al least no one will fall asleep in their curry.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Two very, very good Indian restaurants about five minutes walk from SQ. Akbars in Deansgate and EastzEast in Princess Street. If Chinese is an option, Yang Sing in Princess Street is tremendous. Worth a short walk to eat in any of these as opposed the mundane fare you'll get in Salford Quays. Hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here