Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant Question

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Skint Gull said:
Casa Don Carlos Tapas Bar just off North Street, crackin! :bowdown:

The tapas bar near The Bath was top notch last time I went there, but that was a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Grendel said:
The tapas bar near The Bath was top notch last time I went there, but that was a couple of years ago.
Casa Don Carlos - still very, very nice.

Yoda

English & European
Out of those mentioned on this thread I would recomend Los Amigos or Havanah.

Havanah also do cracking cocktails as well to get you on your way. :drunk:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I did like the Tin Drum at the dials till last night. My other half had a drop of food poisoning from there.

I'd go for Browns or Zizzi in town. (Some well nice Polish sawts working in Zizzi!)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
doubt it was from their,moe likely the day b4 ,normaly takes 24 hrs plus for it to strike

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
If you like Italian, The Opposition in Market St. knocks all the Donatello's and what-have-you-o's into a cocked hat. It's cheap and cheerful but f***ing brilliant, proper Italian grub. They know how to cook pasta like nowhere else I've eaten outside Italy or London.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Went to Pintxo people on Western road recently, the proper restaurant bit upstairs and it was fantastic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody eaten at The Anchor in Barcombe if so what is it like.

Have seen their adverts in The Leader and went there for a drink last night beer was Ok staff were miserable but the menu looked ok and there were a number of people eating plus there was a wedding reception being held there.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
aberdeen steak house at the top of preston street :love:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Cadiz Seagull said:
Havannah is very good - we went there for Christmas Day lunch following a suggestion on this very board. NSC may talk a lot of bollocks about football but it onviously knows its stuff when it comes to restaurants :)

Seconded, best food I have ever had in Brighton although it does have the prices to match.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Harry's in Church Rd Hove last night. Lovely grub; I had the Liver & Bacon with mash, washed down with a pint of senorita beater.

Top notch! :clap:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
BensGrandad said:
Anybody eaten at The Anchor in Barcombe if so what is it like.

Have seen their adverts in The Leader and went there for a drink last night beer was Ok staff were miserable but the menu looked ok and there were a number of people eating plus there was a wedding reception being held there.

do they have a boating river thing outside?

i think i went to a wedding there a few weeks ago

was very nice and the location is good aswell.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
BensGrandad said:
Where is Havannah, who will be first to say Cuba!!! I mean the restaurant in Brighton.

Duke Street. Big prices, small portions, but good for impressing the fairer sex!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ali_jenkins123 said:
do they have a boating river thing outside?

i think i went to a wedding there a few weeks ago

was very nice and the location is good aswell.

Thats the one by the side of the River Ouse. I am not a Harveys fan but the beer came from the cask not through a pump and it was ok.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The Anchor at Barcome. Lovely location, good for Bream just south of the weir. Maggott or bread punch on a size 18.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here