Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rest a player for Arsene

Who should go Arsene send down Churchill Square on Saturday?

• Olivier Giroud

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Santi Carzola

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Lucas Podolski

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • A different Gooner should be a goner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Theo for me by a country mile. If our player have an amazing game and their's don't we could close down what Giroud, Podolski, Wilshere and Cazorla bring to a degree. No matter how we play, we cannot make our players fast enough to keep up with Walcott on the break.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I want them all to play, not expecting to win so want to see a full Arsenal team just to see how we compare. I actually think we will do ok.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I voted Corzola but in truth when a big side comes to the Amex I want to see all there best players start.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It's a difficult one, as mentioned, if we win, we want to say we beat their best...
Walcott - upfront too quick for Grre/El Abd, out wide, don't mind against Bridge. I think he will be on the bench though.
Wilshere - he is superb so be very interesting up against Bridcutt.
Podolski, knows where the goal is but slower than Walcott.
Giroud - happy for him to play.
Carzola - don't know much about him.

I think I will go with Walcott purely because of his pace.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This is a difficult one.

I was going to say Walcott as I think he is in a brilliant run of form and it would help not stretch us quite so much.

However I'd go for Cazorla.

Our game plan has to be the break up the midfield triangle that they will inevitably form. I expect Coquelin or Ramsey will be the deeper of the 3 with Cazorla and Wilshire buzzing around.

Wilshire is like a bloody terrier. He is going to be a nightmare to play against, but Cazorla can just produce that one piece of magic that people often say (in a cliche) that just shows the difference between Championship and Prem.

Either way, even if we get spanked, I am going to savour watching some world class players on show, even if they are 'in decline' as some would suggest.

German internationals Mertesacker (85 caps) and Podolski (106 caps 44 goals)
English talents - Gibbs, Oxlade Chamberlain, Wilshire, Walcott,
and the magician Cazorla.

Drool.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Wenger has always rested top players for FA cup ties , Henry was on the bench once for a semi final against Man Utd
So I expect a few top names missing tomorrow
They played Wednesday against West ham also Playing again on Wednesday vs Liverpool then away to Sunderland on sat , so Wenger will see this game as a chance to rest maybe Wilshire or carzola etc and play players that haven't had game time recently ,
Arsenal getting 4th spot to get into champions league is more of a Priority to Wenger than winning the FA cup
But whatever side he does put out he'll still think it's a side capable of beating us by showing us respect I think Arshavin & oxlade Chamberlain might start ( still not bad are they ) both been on bench in recent games

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Wilshere has been handed the captains armband so will be playing. I reckon they'll rest Carzola, Walcott and possibly Podolski, which might give us half a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here