Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Respect for Brizzle thread

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
I would have said i felt for them but when i got to the station at around 7 in our stripes n flags etc we were greeted with a whole host of bitter remarks, a large group of them wanting to start a fight, some guy complaining at us for the best part of 20minutes in the queue about our TICKET PRICES at withdean and a woman saying Bristol C deserved to go up cos she'd been to every away game and i'd only been to nine and complaining about the state of our ground- got two best of luck wishes but other than that nothing but bitter and threatening remarks, as well as some guy trying to nick my jester hat. So, with that still playing on my mind- no respect from me just yet :nono:

Albion Rob

As we were walking back to the P&R we were confronted by a couple of their lot going: "Whaaare's youooor booooys? We'rrrreee gonna staaaab 'em" We were with about 30 other Albion and everyone just ignored them, not a single comment, it was priceless, they didn't know what to do about such disrespect. Goons. The west country really does seem to posses the most sour grapes in the land.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
trueblue said:
Was always going to be close but our team has got such amazing team spirit and desire you just can't count them out.

It could easily have swung the other way, so hard luck City and good luck next season (apart from the one over-confident muppet with the "Better Luck Next Year Brighton" banner, who deserves to be miserable).
Over confident? Arrogant. I did laugh at that.

They did show a bit of passing skill but their forwards never got a decent shot on goal.

The longer the game went on the more confident (no, not arrogance) I became that we were going to win.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Exiled in Exeter said:
I expected a little more from their side. Considering the numbers they brought, I thought the fans would be louder too. I presumed at half time that the sound just didn’t travel well, but after they did about 10 minutes of decent chanting (second half), I realised we could hear them it was just they had not made the noise before.

I thought they were really quiet at Bristol, apart from the lot that were at our end and we outsang them there. We got the reverse Churchill treatment on the way back and I think we narked them more by not responding. A pity really, as I thought Bristol was a fine city, and one I would like to visit again:nono:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
me and my girlfriend were walking to find a place where we could buy a camera film and stumbled into the brizzle area, they were throwing abuse and shit so im glad the country bumpkins lost!:lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
None at all really they were so quite except for a period of about ten minutes in the second half. They only knew three songs. I agree wuth West Hoathly, I thought that because we were making so much noice I couldn't hear then but that was not the case. They had one chance when Ben dropped the ball and then made a brilliant brave block.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Moggy has taken some photos of the Official Forest Green Rovers Team Coach on his digital camera and will get them on here in good time but the people on there were tossers. Loads of messages stuck to the window saying things like "bum boys" & "Prescott please dont give them a ground". I'm sure, there were some decent City fans there yesterday but I only saw 1 - he shook our hands after the game and wished us the best & we did likewise.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I didn't have any grief from Brizzle fans. Mingled happily with them in the pub beforehand and got no grief or adverse comments on the way back.

Thought they behaved very well, even if they were strangely quiet.

Respect for Danny Wilson who had no complaints about the result or the penalty and I hope they go up next year.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Did anyone see the Banner in there end before the game saying "Better luck next year Brighton" ?

:clap2: If we have better luck next year then Premierleague here we come! :lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Spent the first few hours in brizzle pubs and a great bunch and chatted for ages and pictures where taken although they wasn't confident which baffled me.:lolol:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
As soon as me and Krispies noticed the "better Luck Next Year.."banner, no respect was give n by either of us.

I also belive we are better loosers than they would ever be. It was really noticable that as soon as Leon's goal went in, they started to leave. Sorry Bristol, but you stay to the end of a game, and if you loose either congratulate, or say nothing.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
On the way back we drove past a car park with brizzle fans the first few we passed started swearing at us, then the next few we saw were applauding us. ???

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was listening to talksport on the way back and a Brizzle fan phoned in to say Brighton deserved their win and the fans were a credit to their club.
I would expect a few of our more unsavoury fans would behave in exactly the same way had the result been reversed.

Re the game, we just wanted it more and worked harder to achieve it and that goes for the fans, the ball juggler and the girl who I thought was going to strip :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here